DC-SWAT Forum

Полная версия: Just bought the new SD Adapter from China!
Вы просматриваете yпpощеннyю веpсию форума. Пеpейти к полной веpсии.
Страниц: 1 2 3
Hey folks, I just bought the SD reader from China. I hope it gets here fast!

Here is the one I am getting.

[Изображение: T220RxXdRXXXXXXXXX_!!119984923.jpg]

Here is what I did, and it was so easy, easier than using Ebay infact!

I Made sure I signed up with Buy from Taobao, and had a paypal account first. Then I went to the link under this post.
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=7818275499

Then went to this site http://buyfromtaobao.com/ShoppingCart.aspx Put the item URL in the field and added to cart, then next after that I got the total in USD. This site just charges you like .50 cents for using them as a "Middleman", but for me, half a buck is worth it to get a "Solid State" Hard Drive for my Sega Dreamcast.

It cost $11.14 total for mine! Now I just have to wait. Cool
Good luck Smile
XCK is a DIY expert, he has many cool modifications on Dreamcast.
(19.01.2011 17:00)ms18e писал(а): [ -> ]XCK is a DIY expert, he has many cool modifications on Dreamcast.

Ya, I really want his ultimate Dreamcast mod with the VGA and internal SD card reader slot in the front face of the machine.

[Изображение: T2tJJoXc8bXXXXXXXX_!!119984923.gif]
[Изображение: T2VqFyXk4aXXXXXXXX_!!119984923.jpg]
[Изображение: T230FoXaJbXXXXXXXX_!!119984923.jpg]
[Изображение: T2o0VoXhhaXXXXXXXX_!!119984923.jpg]
And what is written under the modem?
I am not sure about the modem writing, but I don't think it means "Broadband Adaptor" lol. Might mean nothing, but we need somebody that reads Chinese to translate for us.

Thanks for editing my post SWAT! Wink
He just said, modem reserved. No modification in this part.
Thanks.
Ok, I just got my 32GB SDHC card in the mail, and I was so excited to try it out in my PSP first, then I looked at it closely, and noticed it was kind of large, so I compaired it with my PSP SD card, and this is slightly wider. I am screwed on using this on my PSP, as it won't fit. My question to you folks, is if these will fit in the Chinese SD loader, or will not be wide enough to accomidate such a wide card?

I was happy when I got it, but opening it was quite sobering. I guess next time I'll be more carefull and compare the dimensions of the card better.

If I have to, I'll return it and try to find a better price for a more compatible card.
You'll be the first who tried the 32GB card.
Theoretically it should work. But may be slower than smaller cards, although this is not checked.
So are you sure the size of the card will fit on the reader though? That is what I am asking. Because my PSP will not fit the card, and I know the SD Loader from Tao Bao is a Sandisk PRO Duo reader, like the PSP cards are, so I am wanting to know if mine is too big for the width of the Dreamcast adaptor.

Here are mine showing the normal PSP Sandisk Pro Duo 4GB orange card on the left, and my new Blue Sandisk ELITE PRO 32GB card on the right.

[Изображение: photo.jpg]
[Изображение: photo2.jpg]

Note: The gold contacts on the PSP card are remarkably smaller than my PSP can handle.
In PSP memory stick card. They are different.
You bought the SD card. This is what you need.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_Stick
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital
Ok thank you so much, I am so relieved! Big Grin
SORRY MY CAPS LOCK BROKE,

I HAVE 6 SD QUESTIONS :

1-I BUY 32G OR ANY KIND OF PC SD CARD, PUT IN MY PC, BURN KEGA FUSION EMU AND ROMS OR OTHER EMU ROMS, AND DC WIN CE OS READS SD CARD/ADAPTER? SO IF IT READS KEGA, I CAN PUT SEGA CD GAMES IN GDROM TO PLAY LIKE NEO4ALL PLAYS NEO CDS IN DC? OR I PUT ISO ROM ON SD?

2-DO I NEED DCSHELL, WHAT IS THAT? IM NEW TO THIS. I JUST BURN INFO ON SD FROM PC, THEN PLUG IN BACK SERIAL PORT MY DC? DO I NEED BURN EXTA FILES, HOW EXACTLY THIS DONE E Z EXPLAIN. LIKE I SIMPLY DRAG EMU ON SD FROM MY PC OR I NEED NERO OR ???

3-I HEAR EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT SLOWDOWN FROM SD. THAT FOR BIG DC GAMES BURNT ONTO SD OR NES EMUS OR HOMEBREW GAMES PLAY SLOW VIA SD ADAPTER???

4-I CAN USE PAYPAL AND PAY $12 TOTAL? DO I GET SD CARD TOO?

5-THE SD CARDS LOOK WAY THINNER SMALLER THAN REGULAR SD CARDS, WHY?

6-HOW DOES SD ADAPTER BOOT? WHEN I PLUG IT IN SERIAL PORT, TURN MY DC ON, WILL A BOOT SCREEN COME UP? HOW EXACTLY DOES DC WINDOWS CE READ ADAPTER IM CONFUSED?

ANTHONY THX FOR TELLING ME ABOUT THIS PLACE, MANY SEGA FORUMS ARE DEAD.BUT HERE THERES THE LATEST INFO AND SEEMS PEOPLE POST ONCE A DAY. I HOPE SOMEBODY CAN ANSWER MY QUESTIONS6
(30.01.2011 09:57)DJ VECTORMAN писал(а): [ -> ]SORRY MY CAPS LOCK BROKE,

I HAVE 6 SD QUESTIONS :

1-I BUY 32G OR ANY KIND OF PC SD CARD, PUT IN MY PC, BURN KEGA FUSION EMU AND ROMS OR OTHER EMU ROMS, AND DC WIN CE OS READS SD CARD/ADAPTER? SO IF IT READS KEGA, I CAN PUT SEGA CD GAMES IN GDROM TO PLAY LIKE NEO4ALL PLAYS NEO CDS IN DC? OR I PUT ISO ROM ON SD?

2-DO I NEED DCSHELL, WHAT IS THAT? IM NEW TO THIS. I JUST BURN INFO ON SD FROM PC, THEN PLUG IN BACK SERIAL PORT MY DC? DO I NEED BURN EXTA FILES, HOW EXACTLY THIS DONE E Z EXPLAIN. LIKE I SIMPLY DRAG EMU ON SD FROM MY PC OR I NEED NERO OR ???

3-I HEAR EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT SLOWDOWN FROM SD. THAT FOR BIG DC GAMES BURNT ONTO SD OR NES EMUS OR HOMEBREW GAMES PLAY SLOW VIA SD ADAPTER???

4-I CAN USE PAYPAL AND PAY $12 TOTAL? DO I GET SD CARD TOO?

5-THE SD CARDS LOOK WAY THINNER SMALLER THAN REGULAR SD CARDS, WHY?

6-HOW DOES SD ADAPTER BOOT? WHEN I PLUG IT IN SERIAL PORT, TURN MY DC ON, WILL A BOOT SCREEN COME UP? HOW EXACTLY DOES DC WINDOWS CE READ ADAPTER IM CONFUSED?

ANTHONY THX FOR TELLING ME ABOUT THIS PLACE, MANY SEGA FORUMS ARE DEAD.BUT HERE THERES THE LATEST INFO AND SEEMS PEOPLE POST ONCE A DAY. I HOPE SOMEBODY CAN ANSWER MY QUESTIONS6

1. Wince CE for Dreamcast doesn't read any SD card itself, but DreamShell SDL programmed by SWAT enables it.

2. DreamShell is kind of a boot loader, the dreamcast running this "shell" can read SD card, the serial port and the adaptor. You need to prepare DC games in the form of specific iso image, transfer it to the SD card containing the "DS" directory (also proviede by SWAT), connect your SD card and the adaptor to Dreamcast serial port, put the "DreamShell SDL" disk into Dreamcast, and trun on the power. If everything goes right, you will be able to see a file manager and by which you may select your iso image and run it. By this way, Dreamcast could run games from SD card rather than GD driver.

3. Most games slow down or lags in DreamShell. Maybe it can be solved in the future.

4. I don't understand. Do you mean how to buy an SD adaptor for Dreamcast? I didn't buy, I just DIY it for myself.

5. Maybe you got the wrong picture. The adaptor posted in the top of this thread is created for standard SD/SDHC cards.

6. See answer 2.
OK THX FOR YOUR DETAILED ANSWER AND FOR YOUR TIME.

MY MAIN QUESTION IS DOES KEGA FUSION EMU AND ITS ROM ISO 100% WORK AND RUN VIA SD ADAPTER METHOD?

WHY WOULD I BUY THIS ADAPTER IN POST 1 IF EVERYTHING RUNS SLOW...LIKE PUTTING GD GAMES ON SD, EMUS OR HOMEBREW GAMES?
Some things are slow - some things aren't. Skies of Arcadia (as an obvious example) is perfectly playable... same with Tokyo Bus Guide - see the compatibility list in the forums.
OK THX BUT I STILL WANNA KNOW IF KEGA FUSION EMU WORKS ON THIS AND ITS ROMS AND SEGA CD ISOS. SAW NESTER DC WORKS SO MAYBE KEGA FUSION AND GGEAR, GENESIS, 32X, SEGA CDS ROMS AND ISO WILL WORK ON SD !?

NO GAMES ON COMP LIST INTERESTED ME, THATS GOOD CUZ IT SEEMS ONLY 2 OUT 20 LISTED WORK PERFECT. SMH.

OH IS DreamShell 4.0.0 Beta 4 LATEST DREAMSHELL VERSION. AND I MUST RELOCATE OR RENAME README BIN CUZ DC CANT RECKONIZE? WTF.

WHY DOESNT SOMEBODY TYPE AN EASY TO GET TEXT TUTORIAL AND PIN IT HERE CUZ THERES TOO MUCH SPARCE INFO HERE AND ON DC-EMU UK. START WITH WHAT SD CARDS, CHINA ADAPTER, DSHELL VERSION WITH LINK, WHY RELOCATE RENAME README BIN WHAT EMUS WORK ETC.
Well, an English tutorial or portal site for Dreamshell and the SD Car adapters is in the works now. It will have info about everything you need to do to get games working on your Dreamcast with the SD adapter and Dreamshell.
THX ANT. CAN U TRY SEE IF KEGA FUSION EMU RUNS ON SD?
Страниц: 1 2 3
URL ссылки