DC-SWAT Forum

Полная версия: SPI serial access mode is avaliable on 8GB sandisk micro SDHC card
Вы просматриваете yпpощеннyю веpсию форума. Пеpейти к полной веpсии.
I've tried two 8GB sandisk micro SDHC cards(class 2 and class 4) with DreamShell SDL, and both of them works. Then we have more choices purchasing SD/TF cards Smile
I think that no SPI interface on some microSD is smaller than 1GB.
(25.01.2011 20:04)SWAT писал(а): [ -> ]I think that no SPI interface on some microSD is smaller than 1GB.

SOME maybe.

I'm using a 512MB sandisk micro SD for more than 4 years in my mobile phone, it has the SPI mode and worked well with DS SDL. And, it's also an Sandisk product.

Maybe it is the point: the productor. I trust this brand Smile
May be less than 512MB ...
This was noted on a card with 128MB.
OKAY...

I think the producer might be the key.
(25.01.2011 17:58)ms18e писал(а): [ -> ]I've tried two 8GB sandisk micro SDHC cards(class 2 and class 4) with DreamShell SDL, and both of them works. Then we have more choices purchasing SD/TF cards Smile

I've got a few of the XCK adapters and I keep getting "Can't init SD filesystem". I've tried 2 different DC's, and 3 different cards:
2 GB Corsair 133x
4 GB pqi class 6
8 GB Kingston class 4

And none of them work. I formatted them using FAT32 with 4k blocks, and with 32k blocks. Once I tried just formatting it on the camera, then copying the DS directory.

I've also got an 8 GB Patriot class 10 that I haven't tried, but I thought I'd see if anyone had any suggestions as to what my problem is. Anyone know an easy way to check these with a multimeter? I'm not so good at reading schematics.

I'm contacting the seller to see what they think. I can't see any capacitors or resistors through the clear plastic, but I guess they could be covered by glue. I have noticed that the error message takes longer to show up when I have the adapter plugged in, but I can't tell if it's doing anything since there isn't an access light. The message comes up right away when the serial port is empty.
You yourself have created or bought adapter?
(23.05.2011 16:06)SWAT писал(а): [ -> ]You yourself have created or bought adapter?

It is bought. I'm wondering if it's fake, but the seller has good feedback. I attached a pic.
usb 2.0?
(24.05.2011 06:36)DoctorNicholas писал(а): [ -> ]usb 2.0?

This is body from other USB adaptor.

Maybe adaptor is broken...
(24.05.2011 14:22)SWAT писал(а): [ -> ]
(24.05.2011 06:36)DoctorNicholas писал(а): [ -> ]usb 2.0?

This is body from other USB adaptor.

Maybe adaptor is broken...

Yeah, I'm starting to think so. If I can't get it to work soon I'll open it up and see what's inside.
It works! I tried another Dreamcast and it booted up. I'm not sure why the other two Dreamcasts won't boot the SD card. They play disks fine. I'll open them up and see if there's anything obvious.

I got the adapter from http://www.aliexpress.com. Five of them for less than $10 each. No access light, but I guess they do work so that's the important thing. Wink
On some Dreamcasts, you need to remove some small compactors on the motherboard for the SD adapters to work. Very rare for you to have 2 of them.

You've got to remove the C605, C606, C607, C608 and C609 capacitors, here's the official source: http://f17.aaa.livedoor.jp/~takotako/dcs...bm.php#pio
The two that don't work were made in Oct. and Nov. 2000, while the one that does was made in June. They also say "SA" after the date and have a 2 circled next to NTSC. The working one says "WK" and has a 1 circled next to NTSC. Not sure what any of that means.

I think I'll take one apart and rip out the capacitors, but I got the power board off, and it looks like it could be some work!
I was wondering, if Dreamcast reads SD card using SPI protocol, and Dreamcast serial port does supports SPI natively, shouldn't the capacitors be dimensioned for the reading speed used by Dreamshell? In this scenario, it would make sense to the adapter to work in any console, without the need of taking capacitors off.

Please let me know if I'm saying anything wrong.
SPI protocol is emulated by software.
URL ссылки