DC-SWAT Forum

Полная версия: More fenix questions
Вы просматриваете yпpощеннyю веpсию форума. Пеpейти к полной веpсии.
1. If I decompile a .dll (say the divx or mpeg one, id really like to get the image dll for jpeg to work) and recompile it for the dreamcast, will it work?

2. Is .ogg supported?

3. If 2 is not supported. Do you know of a good way to have a low filesize wav? If not ill just use midi songs that were converted to .s3m

4. there was this older version of fenix that would crash if unload_song() was sued, will that happen in this one?

5. do you know of all the specs? like how many mb of .pngs and stuff are supported?

thanks
1. No
2. Yes
3. You can use media files supported by SDL_mixer
4. I do not know.
5. I do not go into details.
found some new discoveries:
* .ogg will not crash the game however it will not play either, therefore the gigantic .wav file size or anything with mod plug tracker works
* using unload_song() will crash the game with a kernel overload error
* for some odd reason some .png files look correct while others are inverted and flipped upside down then mirrored

nothing major to fix i can always step around it Smile
also do the L and R buttons work? even on select_joy?
As far I remember all the joystick buttons mapped to keyboard keys.
the version of fenix you gave me is very slow (everything is extremely choppy and sloooooooooooow). ill email you my game so far. the fenix on your website doesnt even play it. :/ should i probably convert all the code to sdl?
Slow build 3 or only 4 (that I gave you)?
build 4 was slow, same as build 3 (but 4 seemed to improve just a wee tiny bit). play_wav did not work. play_song worked for .it files. i tried .fpg's and it was just as slow (if not alot more buggier because my games code isn't built for .fpg). could it be a bajillion processes? im not sure because i tried it on my very crappy computer that close to the same specs as the dreamcast and it played fine. eh, you can take a look lol.
On what PC you tried it? Have you tried to run on older versions of the fenix engine?
it worked on a 10 year old windows xp computer with fenix .84b
You try 84b on DC?
84b on dc does not compile .png (but it does on the pc though, lol)
URL ссылки