DC-SWAT Forum

Полная версия: DS as a BIOS, Any positives?
Вы просматриваете yпpощеннyю веpсию форума. Пеpейти к полной веpсии.
From what I understand if I install DS on my BIOS chip and just run a stock BIOS as well. Would there be any benefit for a gamers point of view? I dev I am not but i do play from time to time but from what I understand is that I lose the ability to play SDISO's? Is this correct and if so is it just commercial games or homebrew as well?

Also is there any real reason for this or is it the fact files from the stock BIOS are required to make it all work properly and integrating that into the program would make it illegal or am I way off? Sorry I am jut really getting into the DS side of my DC now as I have ripped just about all I want to do for now so this is what has my attention. Also if you get the time I wasn't sure if I posted it in the right section not being in English and all but please give this a though and tell me what I need to do or if it is even possible or just become a God in my eyes and code it for the DC community.

http://www.dc-swat.ru/forum/thread-1712-...l#pid20513
Currently sdiso does not work with custom BIOS, only the original. It does not matter whether you have a bios mod or not.
There is a bios named dreamshell_loader.bios. Is it that this particuliar bios file loads DreamShell from the SD card? If it's the case, does SDISO work this way?
Yes, this is loader DreamShell from SD card. But sdsio doesn't work...
Well it's a minor inconvenience if we can still load homebrew software this way. Is it because there is code missing in the bios which gives the ability to boot commercial games? Can it be fixed. I'm sure anyone with a bios mod would love being able to load SDISO without using the GD-rom drive at all!
Maybe in the new release this will be fixed, there are already some success.
Nice to read that! Thank you for the hard work.
Really looking forward to the next release - Thanks for all your efforts SWAT. Smile
maybe hell improve fenix/ port bennu too Smile
URL ссылки