DC-SWAT Forum

Полная версия: Dreamshell ds_core.bin error
Вы просматриваете yпpощеннyю веpсию форума. Пеpейти к полной веpсии.
I have tried multiple sd cards ( including sdhc cards) and I have not been able to use my sd adapter. I bought one off ebay ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/180719286268?ssP...1497.l2649 ). Ethere the sd card is detected, but wont allow dreamshell to access it. Or it just freezes after the dreamshell splash screen. I tried running dreamshell off a cdrom and it only pickups up the sd card, but won't allow me to access it. And if I try to launch it off an sd card, it will give me a ds_core.bin error and stop( or just not see the card, depending on what sd card I have tried. Is there any list of cards that are known to work/ that are compatible with dreamshell. The sd cards I have tried are a 2gb (SD), 4gb(SDHC), and 8gb(SDHC) patriot sd cards(just causes dreamshell to freeze) and a 4gb(SDHC mini with adapter)dane elec sd card(shows up but not working)
Цитата:And if I try to launch it off an sd card, it will give me a ds_core.bin error and stop( or just not see the card, depending on what sd card I have tried.
Did you put DS folder in a root of your sd card ?
You need DreamShell 4.0 Beta 4 (Form SD Loader) archive:
  • Burn DS_SD_Loader.cdi on CD-R
  • Put DS folder from that archive into your sd card.
  • Then run burned cd image.
(15.01.2012 04:18)Василий писал(а): [ -> ]
Цитата:And if I try to launch it off an sd card, it will give me a ds_core.bin error and stop( or just not see the card, depending on what sd card I have tried.
Did you put DS folder in a root of your sd card ?
You need DreamShell 4.0 Beta 4 (Form SD Loader) archive:
  • Burn DS_SD_Loader.cdi on CD-R
  • Put DS folder from that archive into your sd card.
  • Then run burned cd image.

I have tried copying the files directly to the sd card as well as copying the folder(with all the files in it) to the sd card and get ds_core.bin not found
(dont know if this helps, but my dreamcast is one of the older ones that wont't read the data/data image(I have to use the audio/data image)
Maybe adapter is broken or poor contact in the connector.
Is there any list of cards that are known to work/ that are compatible with dreamshell
All cards up to 32GB with SPI interface supported.
SPI interface is almost on all cards.
Do you know of any cards(maybe ones that you have used) that you know work? I don't want to go around buying a bunch of cards to see which ones work and wasting money.
8gb Transcend SDHC class 6 works for me.

Try another aplication with support SD for testing your adapter and SD card.
Like thise one http://www.dreamcast.es/downloads.php?ca...oad_id=286
You are currently not able to buy a card without SPI, these are not available.
I tested the cards are completely different, kingston, transcend, SD, miniSD, microSD, 1, 2, 4, 8 GB, (some people tested and 16, 32 GB) class 2-6, all works. Buy a class high as possible, not buy cards with class < 6 if you have full speed in DS.
URL ссылки