DC-SWAT Forum

Полная версия: Bios mod and 4 wire mod chip....can they be used together?
Вы просматриваете yпpощеннyю веpсию форума. Пеpейти к полной веpсии.

segadreamcaster

Hi there,

I have just recently carried out the bios mod and currently have it set so that I can switch between the original and new bios.

I previouslt had a 4 wire mod chip installed, which I have now partially disconnected.

I was just wondering if it would be possible to connect the chip back up again so that I could still have the dreamcast working as region free when switched to the original bios? I didn't want to just try it without getting some thoughts first...any ideas?

Thanks

segadreamcaster

Ok,

I just thought I would post to say I gave this a try for anybody else who might be interested in knowing.

It seems to work intermittently, the original bios always seems to work ok with it and region free as well, but the new bios is more sketchy....sometimes it just won't boot up from it with the mod chip installed....other times it seems to work fine for an extended period of time.

I get the feeling this might produce mixed results.

Cheers
I can not understand what you wrote, can be described in another meaning?

segadreamcaster

(08.05.2012 18:56)SWAT писал(а): [ -> ]I can not understand what you wrote, can be described in another meaning?

I wanted to get the Dreamcast 4 wire mod chip working with the flashable bios mod so that I could have the original sega bios as region free and dreamshell installed on the second (flashable) bios chip.

I tried it but it would not work reliably when switched to the new bios chip, I ended up with flashing errors, black boot screens and some freezing.

I think the only solution is to install 2 flashable bios chips and remove the original and then switch between the two
I have not had any problems with the original chip and additional. It's works good for me...

segadreamcaster

(10.05.2012 07:20)SWAT писал(а): [ -> ]I have not had any problems with the original chip and additional. It's works good for me...

Really? Thats interesting, and thats with both the bios and 4 wire mod chip installed together?
Oh mod chip? I'm not have mod chip. This really make some problems.

segadreamcaster

(11.05.2012 13:49)SWAT писал(а): [ -> ]Oh mod chip? I'm not have mod chip. This really make some problems.

Ah I see, yes it was the mod chip I was talking about together with the bios chip. So I guess thats going to produce an unstable console Sad
Why you with mod chip? You can change the region with a small hardware mod and the region changer application.

segadreamcaster

(11.05.2012 17:53)SWAT писал(а): [ -> ]Why you with mod chip? You can change the region with a small hardware mod and the region changer application.

I have been using the mod chip for many years until I recently installed the bios mod.

I then decided to try the mod chip as well so that I could have two region free bios options.

I have since decided to install two bios chips instead and switch between the two
URL ссылки