DC-SWAT Forum

Полная версия: Short demo of GDEMU v4 prototype in action.
Вы просматриваете yпpощеннyю веpсию форума. Пеpейти к полной веpсии.
Страниц: 1 2
The main features are:
100% compatibility with games / existing applications
requires no AC the bios
compatibility with audio CD
greatly reduced loading times
SD cards are supported: 512 MB, 1 GB, 2 GB and SDHC: 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB formatted as FAT16 or FAT32
file formats supported: GDI, CDI and ISO
updates are possible

Да, блин, вот оно, будущее, наступило) А я-то думал так и не допилят до ума эту штуку, а оно вот как оказывается...
(08.04.2014 08:54)phoenix писал(а): [ -> ]So will this replace Dreamshell/SD adapter one day ? Yes I know it's a gdrom replacement in the form of sd board, but sd serial port dreamshell adapter might not be needed no more, unless to burn your library of retail games onto dreamshell sd card to play on this drive board you posted. I made similar threads on other forums. Swat, what do you think about this ?

Now DreamShell (dev version of RC2) supports IDE devices over G1 bus, GD drive emulation using expensive hardware is not required, IDE devices (HDD or CF card, without capacity limit like SD) connects directly to the port G1 with simple adapter (only wires).
Everyone will make their choice, pay 100+ euro or get almost for free, but with some limitations (such as CDDA).
Cost of G1 adapter comparable to the cost of SD adapter.
А я-то думал так и не допилят до ума эту штуку, а оно вот как ?
(10.04.2014 18:19)phoenix писал(а): [ -> ]How much money is Dreamshell RC2 bios chip and this new hard drive adapter ?

If you do all yourself, then no more than $3.
In the other case, I can not say, it depends on who sell it.

http://www.dc-swat.ru/blog/dreamshell/873.html
Да, блин, вот оно, будущее, наступило) А я-то думал так и не допилят до ума эту штуку, а оно вот как оказывается !!!
(11.04.2014 14:29)phoenix писал(а): [ -> ]Thank you for link and videos. When do you expect to release RC2 ? In August 2014 when you get it perfected ? That crazy taxi 2 video was an iso with mp3 music or retail iso with cdda running off your external hard drive ?

I can not say the exact date, I was planning to spring, but I don't know for sure.
Crazy Taxi 2 do not use CDDA tracks, this game use ADX music. In the video demonstrating untouched GDI image.
Да, блин, вот оно, будущее, наступило) А я-то думал так и не допилят до ума эту штуку, а оно вот как оказывается
вот оно наступило)
штуку, а оно вот
(13.04.2014 13:47)phoenix писал(а): [ -> ]"Could the DC serial port give enough juice to power an external hard drive? Not sure about that.
This design would also keep the limited bandwitch of the serial port and the hard drive would be bottlenecked."

Serial port used only for SD.
IDE HDD or CF card connected directly to G1 Bus as GD-ROM, but as Slave device. In connection used only wires, not more.

(13.04.2014 13:47)phoenix писал(а): [ -> ]"An external HDD would surely need an AC adapter, especially if it was a 3.5" drive. I doubt even a 2.5" drive would work, but I don't know what kind of power output the serial port has. I would expect it to be minimal. The CPU bottleneck would make such an adapter unattractive, anyway."

Yes, need external power.

(13.04.2014 13:47)phoenix писал(а): [ -> ]"I assumed that this was designed for one of them IDE-Parallel (modem) port adapters that some hackers have made over the years (also supported by Dreamcast netBSD!). I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing that would have a higher power output (I suppose this would be easy to check), also, more importantly should be faster (not sure if fast enough for CDDA, but maybe?)."

This is fully different. Speed more than on GD-drive. You can see here: http://www.dc-swat.ru/blog/dreamshell/873.html
CDDA is another problem, it's not about of speed.
блин оказ
A small note. External power supply is needed only for HDD, if you use CF card, the power can be taken from DC.
наступило
Да, блин, вот оно, будущее, наступило) А я-то думал так и не допилят до ума эту штуку, а оно вот как оказывается...
(19.04.2014 11:08)SWAT писал(а): [ -> ]http://www.dc-swat.ru/blog/hardware/874.html
DreamShell 4.0.0 RC2 SD Card in an increase compatibility and speed compared to RC1?
Yes
(19.04.2014 18:40)phoenix писал(а): [ -> ][quote]Here is first review of GDEMU V5 on youtube. Unfortunately it's in polish, but you don't need to know that language for a quick view of installation and some tests.

This dude tested some GDI's, CDI's and Dreamshell (homebrew?) all worked good without problems or graphical glitches. The quality of product is very good, he's happy and recommend it. In 2nd part he's telling about posibility to add new switch button to PCB, (for backward selecting ROMs on SDcard). There is also LED thats indicates errors. That's basically all.

He is loading dreamshell operating system from gdemuv5 in the video below !!!

So far GDEMU v5 is working ok. It's not region free and to boot other region games you need to use a boot disc which you place one folder before the actual game (ec. 02-boot disc, 03-game). I used gameshark as a boot disc, DC-X didn't worked for me using VGA.
Is GDEMU 100% compatible with existing software? I'm not sure because there is one disc I cannot get to boot in any way and that is BLEEMCAST (the standalone version for MGS, in CDI format, cracked for use with every psx game on cd-r). Don't know if other versions work or not.
(24.04.2014 20:50)SWAT писал(а): [ -> ]Yes
Hi SWAT,i want to know,the wince games now is work in the DreamShell 4.0 RC 2?(g1-ata mode)Huh
maybe you should update the SDISO Compatibility List for new DreamShell 4.0Tongue
Unfortunately WinCE games still not supported Sad
(16.05.2014 22:37)SWAT писал(а): [ -> ]Unfortunately WinCE games still not supported Sad
thanks for your reply,now the disc reading speed is improved with the g1-ata,I expect the next version will support load the wince gamesTongue
Страниц: 1 2
URL ссылки