DC-SWAT Forum

Полная версия: strange issue with SD slot and Speedtest
Вы просматриваете yпpощеннyю веpсию форума. Пеpейти к полной веpсии.
Hi, this is my first post on this forum.
i have installed an internal SD slot on two of my dreamcast with that schematics.

that two sd slots works (apparently) good with iso loader run iso from sd, but when i select Speedtest the result of SD test is in red color: "can't write to file".

after tried the test i put the sd card in PC and i see a file called "speedtest.testfile",sometimes that file are 0kB or 15,9MB.

i've been tested some cards:
1GB Transcend 16K cluster
2BG Transcend 32K cluster
SDHC 4GB SanDisk (i don't remember the cluster).

my console are:
NTSC-J VA1 board with stock bios
NTSC-U VA1 board with stock bios

what's wrong?

maybe an incorrect installation of SD slot?
a bug on Speedtest program?

i have another question respect of SD slot installation,
I read on the net that it is sometimes necessary to remove five SMD capacitors on the bottom of the motherboard near the serial port of the dc to be able to function properly sd slot, that's true???
try to solder the wires to the testpoints
http://yam.20to4.net/dreamcast/va1.html
It's a bug (with write) in SD/SPI driver (not sure where exactly)... Sometimes going shutdown of SD, so need reinit it. Sorry about that, I'll try fix it soon as possible.

Capacitors need remove only if you have not working SD in general.
thanks guys :-D

What can I do in order to confirm the correct installation of the slot in both reading and writing?
(01.07.2014 22:42)Dream88 писал(а): [ -> ]thanks guys :-D

What can I do in order to confirm the correct installation of the slot in both reading and writing?

It makes no difference (read or write), if your reading works fine, then you have done everything correctly.
URL ссылки