DC-SWAT Forum

Полная версия: Dreamshell 4 RC3 Bios Issue
Вы просматриваете yпpощеннyю веpсию форума. Пеpейти к полной веpсии.
Страниц: 1 2
I have a dreamcast that I believe was flashed by Dreamshell 4 RC3 using the selected bios "boot_loader bios"

However, everytime I boot the dreamcast I get the same black screen stating "DreamShell boot loaderv2.3 press start to enter boot menu". However, no matter what SD configuration I try nothing happens when pressing start...IM STUCK. PLEASE HELP

https://vimeo.com/119659689
(15.02.2015 10:52)megavolt85 писал(а): [ -> ]Need flash boot_loader_unlock_G1.bios and replace DS_CORE.BIN

Thank you for the reply. How do I go about doing this? I don't seem to have any option of flashing the bios
Place "boot_loader_unlock_G1.bios" to folder "/firmware/bios/ds" on SD , boot from SD and flash boot_loader_unlock_G1.bios
Do you have DS folder with dreamshell files on your SD card?
(15.02.2015 12:48)alex писал(а): [ -> ]Do you have DS folder with dreamshell files on your SD card?

Yes, Im putting the DS folder from DreamShell 4.0 RC 3 + Boot Loader on the SD card. Iv also used the latest DS_Core.BIN and SD_DS_CORE.BIN

It still boots to that same screen. Pressing start does nothing.

(15.02.2015 12:42)megavolt85 писал(а): [ -> ]Place "boot_loader_unlock_G1.bios" to folder "/firmware/bios/ds" on SD , boot from SD and flash boot_loader_unlock_G1.bios

Iv placed those files on the SD card. However, it simply wont boot from SD card because its stuck on that screen shown in the video. Pressing start does nothing. I cant get to a point where I can flash the bios
boot loader can't find DS_CORE.BIN , rename SD_DS_CORE.BIN to DS_CORE.BIN (not DS_Core.BIN)
(16.02.2015 00:27)megavolt85 писал(а): [ -> ]boot loader can't find DS_CORE.BIN , rename SD_DS_CORE.BIN to DS_CORE.BIN (not DS_Core.BIN)

Sorry that was a typo above. It was DS_CORE.BIN

Regardless, I tried renaming the file and still nothing. Stuck on same screen - pressing start does nothing.

Should I use a different version of dreamshell on SD card perhaps?
Burn CD with DreamShell (not bootloader) , place boot_loader_unlock_G1.bios to /sd/, boot from CD,switch to custom bios, open filemanager -> SD -> boot_loader_unlock_G1.bios
(16.02.2015 10:15)megavolt85 писал(а): [ -> ]Burn CD with DreamShell (not bootloader) , place boot_loader_unlock_G1.bios to /sd/, boot from CD,switch to custom bios, open filemanager -> SD -> boot_loader_unlock_G1.bios

Ok tried using the disc but it seems it still will not boot. Same issue but slightly different screen. See picture

Ideas?
Bad SD or bad sd adapter
(16.02.2015 10:46)megavolt85 писал(а): [ -> ]Bad SD or bad sd adapter

Take that back. The SD card was loose. However, even when inserting a dreamshell disc I get the same screen as before. Is there some way to force CD boot?
insert sd to PC, open SD and make screenshot
(16.02.2015 11:03)megavolt85 писал(а): [ -> ]insert sd to PC, open SD and make screenshot

I've tried several different configurations but here is the current one . Thanks again!
Bad SD or bad sd adapter, burn CD with DreamShell (not bootloader)
Switch to original bios and boot Dreamshell from CD
(16.02.2015 11:43)alex писал(а): [ -> ]Switch to original bios and boot Dreamshell from CD

I cant switch to original bios. I cant boot into anything other than this screen. Unless I'm missing something I have no way of switching bios since I cant get anywhere other than this screen. Is there a way to switch bios another way?
(16.02.2015 11:33)megavolt85 писал(а): [ -> ]Bad SD or bad sd adapter, burn CD with DreamShell (not bootloader)

Tried burning the CD and it still refuses to boot. Am I out of options?
"switch to original bios" then switch jumper for boot from chip original bios, not MX29LV160
Wait.
What type of bios mod installed in your dreamcast, bios replacement or dual bios mod?
Can you make some pictures of your dreamcast, especially bios mod on motherboard

Maybe gamepad is not working, try with another one, try press A button instead START.
Страниц: 1 2
URL ссылки