DC-SWAT Forum

Полная версия: Need Help about Dreamshell without GD ROM
Вы просматриваете yпpощеннyю веpсию форума. Пеpейти к полной веpсии.
Страниц: 1 2
Здраствуйте ребята !!!
Hello guys !
At the begining > CONGRATULATIONS SWAT TEAM about this amazing OS for Dreamcast .
Amazing hard work from SWAT and other guys !

Ok so here starts my questions .
I have 2 consoles with not working GD ROMs, so I saw Dreamshell as an option for me .
I want to use Dreamshell without GD ROM at all ( will be removed from the console)
I have now dual BIOS mod inside testing console and maded SD card adapter .
And here started my pain :P
Tests was with > posting my notes :
- ds_core.bios* - Just Core (DS_CORE.BIN) - working
> broken sound in games <
>>>>> OK WITHOUT GD ROM <<<<<<<<<
---------------------------
ds_core_rd.bios* - working
> very slow speed on reading AND STUPID SOUND
>>>>>>>> OK WITHOUT GD ROM <<<<<<<<<<<<
---------------------------
Tested with 4 different SD cards (Chinese Kingston SDHC 16 GB ,Toshiba 2GB - worked only once...after that BIOS can't see it ,Corsair Mini SD 2 GB with SD adapter and SanDisk 8 GB SDHC )
Actually I tested maybe all BIOSes , only those 2 are working for my needs(without GD ROM ) .
Tested and new "DreamShell bootloader bios " posted by "megavolt85 "
http://www.dc-swat.ru/forum/thread-2246.html
Only this one works kinda well with SD card , but it is not working when I remove GD ROM ...
For now just tested Dreamshell with SD card , just to see how it works .
My general idea is to add only Hard Drive and remove GD ROM , so please tell me:
1. What Bios to use for MX chip ( will remove original BIOS at all )
2. What to place inside Hard Drive ( only DS folder or ...)

So thanks in advance for your help and CHEERS from Bulgaria ;)
Only my bios can directly load DreamShell from HDD. My bios worked only with installed gdrom board
Thank you very much for the instant answer megavolt85 !
Then I must use SD card reader and Hard Drive , what BIOS I can use ( that work without GD ROM )
I reallyyy want to remove that device from Dreamcast .
" 2. What to place inside Hard Drive ( only DS folder or ...)
Thanks Again .
flash "sd_loader_with.bios" on SD leave only DS_CORE.BIN on HDD folder DS with all DreamShell files
Doesn't matter what the BIOS firmware you are use. In any case you need GD-ROM board for getting AICA clock from it.
If you want fully remove GD-ROM, you need attach AICA clock manually to pin B23 (use active crystal 33.8688 MHz), without it DC can't work normally.
Thank you very much for your answers guys .
Ok then I will use that , will test and will write here again about results .
About loading from SD card , don't know why I have so many problems with it ...
I've downloaded some games from theisozone and only 3 of them are working for me .
Those games are not working , freeze at "Executing" or pass it and I can see only black screen .
Sonic Adventure SD-ISO
KOFDreamMatch SD- ISO
Crazy Taxy PAL
Resident Evil CD1 and CD2 > DS_error Can't moun't /sd/ISO/REcd1.cdi to isoldr
Re Volt CD1
Thanks to megavolt85's new BIOS it is not freezing after that ( normaly with other BIOSes Dreamcast just refuses to see SD card ... need to leave it for about 20-30 minutes with unplugged cables to work again)
THANK YOU again megavolt85 for this BIOS Wink
Working games for me so far :
Crazy Taxy 2
Mortal Kombat Gold
Streetfighter Alpha
Usually problems with them are bad or no sound , slow speed and sometimes crashes and freeze.
All tests has been made with the GD ROM .
I can't make them work that smooth like you done this SWAT in this video , speed in game is just AMAZING
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u8UBSEabdY
If it is not a problem can you share with me your configuration SWAT ,like stock SD adapter or home made , what type of SD Card you are using , what file system ( FAt32, ExFat...) , what BIOS on MX chip ,I saw and that you have and HDD
Sorry for those too many questions , they are like "noob"questions for you , but I've read all forum and tested many things before posting something here.
Thanks again .
For Crazy Taxy 2 you need setup emu async param (in ISO Loader settings) to "1+", you can see it in the video as I do it.
Only FAT12/16/32 supported by ISO Loader. MX chip doesn't matter. I use SD card 8GB Class 10 and 4GB class 6, almost no difference.
Ok , so finally I had some time to install 2.5" IDE hdd .
So far so good , but I have a few issues .
MX - flashed with " boot_loader_unlock_G1_IGR_dbs.bios " . On SD card > DS_CORE.BIN
on HDD folder DS with all DreamShell files .
After dev box animation I can see the black screen with initialize devices, then black screen and nothing happened .
Need to press "start" cpl times to load "bootloader" , but at the initialize devices screen .
From there loading Dreamshell from SD card , sometimes just stays at black screen but mostly it is loading ok .
Tryed to load Dreamshell from HDD , just added DS_CORE.BIN to it , but can't load it .
Can you make video?
Get the GD_ROM and get out of his dress, put it back in the Dreamcast, so you will have a place in the HDD2.5
Download this DS_CORE.BIN and place to DS folder on HDD
Thanks for your help guys again .
(02.05.2015 21:13)SWAT писал(а): [ -> ]Can you make video?

Can't attach video here I received some error that my file is too big . It is 26.5 MB ..
I belive that is the reason : " В данный момент Вами используется Недоступно из максимально допустимого размера "

(02.05.2015 21:44)ands писал(а): [ -> ]Get the GD_ROM and get out of his dress, put it back in the Dreamcast, so you will have a place in the HDD2.5

Will try to completely remove the GD ROM , but for now don't have the active crystal 33.8688 MHz still . So yes the 2.5"HDD will be there .
If you can attach picture of what you mean will be great .

(02.05.2015 21:50)megavolt85 писал(а): [ -> ]Download this DS_CORE.BIN and place to DS folder on HDD
used same BIOS from your post 1490 KB , but it is not in the DS folder ( maybe this is my mistake ... ) :
http://www.dc-swat.ru/forum/thread-2217.html
In the DS folder on HDD I have DS_CORE.BIN 1449 KB and SD_DS_CORE.BIN 1449 KB .
Will test tomorrow to add only your DS_CORE.BIN , will remove both files that I mentioned above .
[Изображение: 91bdfd803f0c.jpg]
[Изображение: c295d84117b2.jpg]
board under the metal box, but it burned the driver, but he drimkast work
Use bios from this topic.
Цитата:Can't attach video here I received some error that my file is too big .
Video need upload to Youtube.

Цитата:Will try to completely remove the GD ROM , but for now don't have the active crystal 33.8688 MHz still . So yes the 2.5"HDD will be there .

My BIOS don't work without GDROM board.
Accept my apologies guys , I'm so dumb ...
My mistake was that I didn't removed normal CORE BIN's from the DS folder .
Just now I removed them and used the DS_CORE.BIN that megavolt said > working like a charm now.
Thanks !!!
Maybe need to stop drinking beer , must start using vodka Wink
(02.05.2015 23:17)ands писал(а): [ -> ]board under the metal box, but it burned the driver, but he drimkast work
You removed this driver yes to make it work , nice .
When I finish my things will upload pictures here too .

(02.05.2015 23:24)megavolt85 писал(а): [ -> ]Use bios from this topic.
Цитата:Can't attach video here I received some error that my file is too big .
Video need upload to Youtube.

Цитата:Will try to completely remove the GD ROM , but for now don't have the active crystal 33.8688 MHz still . So yes the 2.5"HDD will be there .

My BIOS don't work without GDROM board.

I'm using the same BIOS from there .

(14.03.2015 09:55)SWAT писал(а): [ -> ]Doesn't matter what the BIOS firmware you are use. In any case you need GD-ROM board for getting AICA clock from it.
If you want fully remove GD-ROM, you need attach AICA clock manually to pin B23 (use active crystal 33.8688 MHz), without it DC can't work normally.
I want to do this thing , but so far didn't found any scheme of how to do it .As I understand SWAT said that this is possible no matter of what BIOS are flashed.
Цитата:I want to do this thing , but so far didn't found any scheme of how to do it .As I understand SWAT said that this is possible no matter of what BIOS are flashed.
Need rewrite BIOS. BIOS send to GDROM command INIT, if GDROM don't answer COMPLETE then Dreamcast don't boot.
(02.05.2015 23:59)megavolt85 писал(а): [ -> ]
Цитата:I want to do this thing , but so far didn't found any scheme of how to do it .As I understand SWAT said that this is possible no matter of what BIOS are flashed.
Need rewrite BIOS. BIOS send to GDROM command INIT, if GDROM don't answer COMPLETE then Dreamcast don't boot.
Can this be done ?
Because this is not my thing , I'm not that smart as you are .I mean I'm not a programmer .
I'm good with soldering iron and some crazy ideas for MOD's but thats it .
In the future I will try to make such Bios.
pstationBG look this topic Smile
Daaamn maaaan haha you are amazing > CHEERS
Will test this tomorrow , thanks man .
Here are my testing machine :
http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa42...2cqoja.jpg
I have SOP44 for writing MX chips outside the console and IDE normal cable with 3.5 " to 2.5 " for now .
Страниц: 1 2
URL ссылки