DC-SWAT Forum

Полная версия: Bios Dump
Вы просматриваете yпpощеннyю веpсию форума. Пеpейти к полной веpсии.
Hi,

I would like to backup original Katana BIOS for emulating purposes. Is there any way to dump original Dreamcast bios using Dreamshell + SD Adapter?

I saw on youtube video of dumping DC bios with Broadband Adapter, but thats too expensive.
Why to you dumping of Bios?
Open console (press START and then press A) and type:

Код:
module -o -f /sd/modules/bflash.klf
bflash -r -s 2097152 -f /sd/biosdump.bin

Instead of manually loading bflash module, you can just open app BIOS Flasher, it's load this module automatically.
For example to play Dreamcast emulators on PC with my own dumped BIOS. Its possible to make a backup of bios on SD Card?

Edit: Thank you SWAT, we've posted message at the same time :- )
(19.07.2015 15:34)SWAT писал(а): [ -> ]Open console (press START and then press A) and type:

Код:
module -o -f /sd/modules/bflash.klf
bflash -r -s 2097152 -f /sd/biosdump.bin

Instead of manually loading bflash module, you can just open app BIOS Flasher, it's load this module automatically.

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but is there a way to input a - using the virtual keyboard?

[Изображение: dreamshell-onscreen-kb.png]
analog stick for select block, buttons for select symbol
exemple for exec cmd help
analog to left up -> click A -> click X -> analog to up -> click A -> analog to right up -> click A -> analog to center -> click B
You can create BIOS backup in the BIOS Flasher application.
(05.10.2017 07:32)SWAT писал(а): [ -> ]You can create BIOS backup in the BIOS Flasher application.

I poked around the Bios flasher, but I didn't see anything such as dc_boot.bin or dc_flash.bin. How would I go about dumping these?
Also, I'm unclear if I should be selecting Read or Write.
Nevermind, just figured it out. Thanks for all the help. I've successfully dumped my Dreamcast collection now.
Read bios from chip to file. Write bios from file to chip.
URL ссылки