DC-SWAT Forum

Полная версия: IDE HDD and DMA problems
Вы просматриваете yпpощеннyю веpсию форума. Пеpейти к полной веpсии.
Hello there, I have a Dreamcast with HD mod but when I try to load a game (CDI, GDI or ISO) it gives me a black screen immediately when I select a game. I tested many games sometimes it loads but suddenly the game stops and give the black screen again or even reset the console.

Another problem is with DMA, when I managed to load a game with DMA option selected the game doesn't load it comes back to DC bios screen and then freezes in a white screen.

Please help me guys. Confused
(15.09.2015 00:26)Eddielima писал(а): [ -> ]Hello there, I have a Dreamcast with HD mod but when I try to load a game (CDI, GDI or ISO) it gives me a black screen immediately when I select a game. I tested many games sometimes it loads but suddenly the game stops and give the black screen again or even reset the console.

What if you run the Speed Test application?

It seems to me it's a problem concerning the HDD mod, or maybe with the HDD itself. Have already tried to check it for bad sectors errors?

(15.09.2015 00:26)Eddielima писал(а): [ -> ]Another problem is with DMA, when I managed to load a game with DMA option selected the game doesn't load it comes back to DC bios screen and then freezes in a white screen.

The DMA implementation isn't fully compatible with all games yet.
(15.09.2015 00:36)Gillbert писал(а): [ -> ]
(15.09.2015 00:26)Eddielima писал(а): [ -> ]Hello there, I have a Dreamcast with HD mod but when I try to load a game (CDI, GDI or ISO) it gives me a black screen immediately when I select a game. I tested many games sometimes it loads but suddenly the game stops and give the black screen again or even reset the console.

What if you run the Speed Test application?

It seems to me it's a problem concerning the HDD mod, or maybe with the HDD itself. Have already tried to check it for bad sectors errors?

(15.09.2015 00:26)Eddielima писал(а): [ -> ]Another problem is with DMA, when I managed to load a game with DMA option selected the game doesn't load it comes back to DC bios screen and then freezes in a white screen.

The DMA implementation isn't fully compatible with all games yet.
HDD
Write speed: 7801,91 Kbits/s
Read speed: 10201,74kbits/s

No bad blocks, tested 2 HDs. Sometimes when I press "A or Y" to select a game its gives me the black screen immediately, it seems like cutting the video but console LED keeps on.
How you load DreamShell (CD,bios mod)? What is game stops (two - three name)?
(15.09.2015 01:42)megavolt85 писал(а): [ -> ]How you load DreamShell (CD,bios mod)? What is game stops (two - three name)?

by Bios Mod (SD and HDD) GD-ROM is not working, I tested Capcom vs SNK 1 and 2, Sonic Adventures 1 and 2, Marvel Vs Capcom etc...

Now I've learned that if I make a speed test (SD and HD) before loading a GDI game it increases a successful load chance, this is strange.
What the BIOS firmware you are use?
(15.09.2015 00:50)Eddielima писал(а): [ -> ]HDD

Is very very slow, may be
Write speed: 7801,91 Kbytes/s
Read speed: 10201,74 Kbytes/s

Eddielima писал(а):GD-ROM is not working

Bad laser or you don't have GDROM board?

SWAT писал(а):What the BIOS firmware you are use?
(15.09.2015 11:12)SWAT писал(а): [ -> ]What the BIOS firmware you are use?

v2.3

(15.09.2015 16:08)megavolt85 писал(а): [ -> ]
(15.09.2015 00:50)Eddielima писал(а): [ -> ]HDD

Is very very slow, may be
Write speed: 7801,91 Kbytes/s
Read speed: 10201,74 Kbytes/s

Eddielima писал(а):GD-ROM is not working

Bad laser or you don't have GDROM board?

SWAT писал(а):What the BIOS firmware you are use?

bad laser, Bios firmware 2.3
name bios file?
sd_loader_with.bios , boot_loader_unlock_G1_IGR_dbs.bios , boot_loader_unlock_G1_IGR_sbs.bios , boot_loader_unlock_G1_IGR_dbs_nogdrom.bios , boot_loader_unlock_G1_IGR_sbs_nogdrom.bios
Sometimes making a speedtest before loading a GDI image improve the chances for a successful load.
URL ссылки