DC-SWAT Forum

Полная версия: DC with IDE and no GDROM will not boot
Вы просматриваете yпpощеннyю веpсию форума. Пеpейти к полной веpсии.
Hello.

I have added to my DC an IDE HDD and a dual bios.
The bios is flashed with "boot_loader_unlock_G1_IGR_dbs_nogdrom.bios"
DC will boot to dreamshell on the HDD and games load fine.

I installed a 33.8688MHz oscillator to B23 of the GDROM connector and removed the GDROM. When booting the DC will freeze in the "Dreamshell Boot Loader v2.3" menu.

So, with the GDROM attached, DC boots to IDE HDD.
With GDROM removed and 33.8688MHz oscillator attached and ".nogdrom bios" installed, DC will not boot.

Is there something else I need to do to boot to IDE HDD without the GDROM fitted?
Can you show the oscillator? What it connected?
It's a 33.8688MHz oscillator connected to B23.
I have removed it now. I measured it with an oscilloscope, and where I had it, it was picking up too much interference.
Easier thing for me to do, I have just removed the laser unit, but still have the control board connected.
I wanted to know you use active crystal (with power) or passive quartz?
It was an active crystal, 3.3v.
It wasn't producing a smooth wave form. Compared to the internal oscillator, it looked like rubbish.
It matters how you connected and powered it. Provide us with photos.
i have same problem. i have installed active crystal to mainboard, and HDD (crystal is OK. with crystal sound is OK)
removed gdrom. HDD not booting but SD card booting

if i manuel select IDE from startup screen its booting from HDD

whats problem ?
(16.01.2016 16:10)SWAT писал(а): [ -> ]I wanted to know you use active crystal (with power) or passive quartz?

I have the same problem using NOGDROM BIOS.

[Изображение: QMGckcQl.jpg]

http://i.imgur.com/QMGckcQ.jpg

[Изображение: qE6JDyEl.jpg]
(24.02.2017 16:12)aykiri1 писал(а): [ -> ]i have same problem. i have installed active crystal to mainboard, and HDD (crystal is OK. with crystal sound is OK)

SATA or IDE?

(24.02.2017 16:12)aykiri1 писал(а): [ -> ]if i manuel select IDE from startup screen its booting from HDD

If you are using SD Card with DS contents, then it's normal, because Dreamshell will always firstly boot from SD Card by default.

Does it boot from HDD if you remove the SD Card?
(25.02.2017 09:56)Gillbert писал(а): [ -> ]
(24.02.2017 16:12)aykiri1 писал(а): [ -> ]i have same problem. i have installed active crystal to mainboard, and HDD (crystal is OK. with crystal sound is OK)

SATA or IDE?

(24.02.2017 16:12)aykiri1 писал(а): [ -> ]if i manuel select IDE from startup screen its booting from HDD

If you are using SD Card with DS contents, then it's normal, because Dreamshell will always firstly boot from SD Card by default.

Does it boot from HDD if you remove the SD Card?

hi Gilbert
disk is SATA
HDD not booting with or without SD
but on boot menu if i select manuel IDE then HDD booting without SD card
i tried different no_gdrom_BIOS versions same result
sd card always successed all bios versions tested

PS: when installed GDrom card HDD booting (bios is No_gdrom)
Maybe it's the hard disk.

When i tested with active crystal I have problem with some hard disk ide.

http://www.dc-swat.ru/forum/thread-2362-...l#pid31592

http://www.dc-swat.ru/forum/thread-2145-page-14.html

So I know your problem Sleepy..but I don't know why.

And If I put the gdrom card works (without active crystal)..the same for you?
(26.02.2017 14:41)dragoncity писал(а): [ -> ]Maybe it's the hard disk.

When i tested with active crystal I have problem with some hard disk ide.

http://www.dc-swat.ru/forum/thread-2362-...l#pid31592

http://www.dc-swat.ru/forum/thread-2145-page-14.html

So I know your problem Sleepy..but I don't know why.

And If I put the gdrom card works (without active crystal)..the same for you?

Hi dragoncity.

Yes with Gdrom card all disks working correctly (i tried with and without active crystal)

normally i see "SD card not found" and frozen with crystal and without gdrom card

also i tested with NO_GDrom_bios,with active crystal,with gdrom
boot success all disks (tried 7 different sata disks)

Without gdrom not booting something checks gdrom i think
The problem isn't the SATA HDD, but the adapter.

Unfortunately nogdrom bios doesn't work along with SATA adapters without an active GD-ROM board. That's because the way of most SATA adapters are set in slave mode, it's not the same thing as an actual IDE HDD.
(26.02.2017 22:44)Gillbert писал(а): [ -> ]The problem isn't the SATA HDD, but the adapter.

Unfortunately nogdrom bios doesn't work along with SATA adapters without an active GD-ROM board. That's because the way of most SATA adapters are set in slave mode, it's not the same thing as an actual IDE HDD.

but when booting bios i click start button and selecting manually IDE. so booting sata hdd without gdrom board
(26.02.2017 23:29)aykiri1 писал(а): [ -> ]but when booting bios i click start button and selecting manually IDE. so booting sata hdd without gdrom board

But can Dreamshell boot when you do this way?

I will test that you said later, if that really works maybe some small tweak can be done on bios.
(26.02.2017 23:41)Gillbert писал(а): [ -> ]
(26.02.2017 23:29)aykiri1 писал(а): [ -> ]but when booting bios i click start button and selecting manually IDE. so booting sata hdd without gdrom board

But can Dreamshell boot when you do this way?

I will test that you said later, if that really works maybe some small tweak can be done on bios.

Yes exactly Dreamshell booting success with this way
(26.02.2017 22:44)Gillbert писал(а): [ -> ]The problem isn't the SATA HDD, but the adapter.

Only worked cf-sd and ide ssd.

CF-SD VIDEO: https://www.facebook.com/Dreamshell2016/...171263075/
URL ссылки