DC-SWAT Forum

Полная версия: Dreamshell - Advanced Format
Вы просматриваете yпpощеннyю веpсию форума. Пеpейти к полной веpсии.
Looking for a way to get an "advanced format" hdd running under dreamshell.

any suggestions?
You have IDE HDD with physical 4K sector?
no...i have a sata hdd with 4k sectors...i use an sata/ide adapter and it works well..but unfortumnately not with hdd with advanced format Sad
find new HDD, AF don't supported
1 sector ISO = 2048 byte
1 sector HDD = 512 byte
1 sector HDD AF = 4096 byte

1 sector ISO = 4 sector HDD = 0.5 sector HDD AF

how read 0.5 sector? it is possible, but productivity will decrease.
there is no sense to do support for AF HDD
(23.02.2016 21:47)megavolt85 писал(а): [ -> ]it is possible, but productivity will decrease.
there is no sense to do support for AF HDD

how is it possible? decrease of productivity doesn't matter !
what about this logical sectorsize? sorry, but i am not comon with such things Sad
would it be possible to format the hdd with e.g. fdisk (ubuntu) to get it run?
would like to put a hdd inside the dc, but all "non-advanced format" hdd are too big.
need rewrite G1ATA driver and FS.
To get it working in DreamShell Core it's not too hard, the main problem in iso loader, need additional code (which must be carefully tested) and memory for reading 0.5 sectors.
It's can decrease compatibility in some cases I think.
(24.02.2016 08:56)SWAT писал(а): [ -> ]To get it working in DreamShell Core it's not too hard, the main problem in iso loader, need additional code (which must be carefully tested) and memory for reading 0.5 sectors.

this also concerns hdd with "512 emulation"...the hdd has physical sectorsize 4k but logical sectorsize 512 b...

sorry for the "stupid questions", but i am not firm with this topic...
(24.02.2016 11:57)vincent писал(а): [ -> ]
(24.02.2016 08:56)SWAT писал(а): [ -> ]To get it working in DreamShell Core it's not too hard, the main problem in iso loader, need additional code (which must be carefully tested) and memory for reading 0.5 sectors.

this also concerns hdd with "512 emulation"...the hdd has physical sectorsize 4k but logical sectorsize 512 b...

sorry for the "stupid questions", but i am not firm with this topic...

If they accepts read/write commands as 512 sector size it should works I guess. But seems this feature should me enabled manually... or how it's works?
URL ссылки