DC-SWAT Forum

Полная версия: No GD-ROM, Can't read MBR from IDE by LBA
Вы просматриваете yпpощеннyю веpсию форума. Пеpейти к полной веpсии.
Trying to get this to work, hoping someone can provide some guidance...

Have a XCKDIY board with a 2.5 HDD mounted onto it. It has an oscillator (and a resistor) already attached.

The Dreamcast has the "boot_loader_unlock_G1_IGR_dbs_nogdrom.bios" flashed, and I believe it's ok, as I get the DEV bootscreen, and Dreamshell then loads ok from the SD card.

However, in the bootup screen, I can see the message:

Checking for G1 ATA devices...
Can't read MBR from IDE by LBA

Then some messages relating to the loading of the SD card, which it then does sucessfully.

When I go into ISO loader, the HDD isn't available to select.

The HDD was formatted in FAT32, and I have a DS folder loaded to the root of the HDD. I put the megavolt85 "DS_CORE.BIN" file on the root of the DS folder, and removed other BIN files from the root.

I think I followed the same as pstationBG in this thread:

http://www.dc-swat.ru/forum/printthread.php?tid=2250

Anything else I should try?

Thanks.
I got it working, I was looking at some photos of HDD's people were using in their DCs, and could just about make out that they were jumpered. So I put a jumper on the two pins that looked like it needed it, and it works great now.

Also, I see 3 solder points which look like they are in the right location for the DCs lid switch. Had anyone installed a switch, and advantage/disadvantage to doing so?

Many thanks to everyone who made this happen.
Use Acronis Disk Director
1) Remove partation from HDD
2) Create primary partation on HDD
3) Format to FAT32
(30.04.2016 15:42)polyfusion писал(а): [ -> ]I got it working, I was looking at some photos of HDD's people were using in their DCs, and could just about make out that they were jumpered. So I put a jumper on the two pins that looked like it needed it, and it works great now.

Also, I see 3 solder points which look like they are in the right location for the DCs lid switch. Had anyone installed a switch, and advantage/disadvantage to doing so?

Many thanks to everyone who made this happen.

Hi! I just dusted off my XCKDIY HDD adapter and I remember last time I tested it that I never got I working (with a known working drive pulled from my soldered G1-ATA SATA mod). It halted on the init-screen for G1-ATA and SD devices.
What pins did you add a jumper between? Thanks a lot for your answer!
URL ссылки