DC-SWAT Forum

Полная версия: Scanline generation in dreamshell?
Вы просматриваете yпpощеннyю веpсию форума. Пеpейти к полной веpсии.
This might be a stupid question but it doesn't hurt to ask:
Would it be possible to have scanline generation in software via dreamshell?
I know it's not a feature today but I could be a suggestion for a future release.

Would be cool nonetheless!
For what?
(20.04.2017 11:33)SWAT писал(а): [ -> ]For what?

For the image output for games:
[Изображение: Scanline-2.jpg]
Use VGA and enjoy 480p
(20.04.2017 14:22)SWAT писал(а): [ -> ]Use VGA and enjoy 480p

lol he's not asking how to get progressive scan Swat, he's talking about playing games with scanline emulation (achieving an artificial monitor look on HDTV's). Like those tube Televisions from the 80's and 90's. Unfortunately HDTV's don't use line-doubling on their own it's all deinterlaced video. This is a TV problem and definitely NOT a Dreamshell problem. Like Composite, S-Video, and RF, VGA as a connection won't restore scanlines.

Jacobsson what you're looking for is a scanline generator there are tons of options out there. The most immediate that comes to mind is the SLG3000, this compact monster will generate scanlines in both 15 kHz and 31 kHz sources. It's wicked good for pixelated 2D games like Vampire Chronicles and Street Fighter Alpha 3.

I have one daisy chained into my XRGB-3 and using this combination; it actually sharpened the visuals adding extra layers of color, DC games appear less blurry now. The XRGB-3 on it's own offers scanlines too (but only on 15 kHz sources, in other words the XRGB will do scanlines in SCART RGB/S-Video/Composite but no scanline support for the high-end VGA/Component/HDMI connections) problem is the units been discontinued and expensive so I wouldn't recommend it. Other options include the epic Framemeister (EDIT: upon further inspection I recently discovered that unit has been discontinued too) the only other scanline option outside of the SLG is the Open Source Scan Converter. The sucky part about that one is there's like one guy making them, they're almost never in stock.

At any rate, your best hope is the SLG3000 it maybe a little bit pricey but it gets the job done. May peace be with you!
Heh, sorry for that
No problem, happy to be of service man. Big Grin
Hi guys!
Sorry for not responding, I have some serious issues with logging in to my account from time to time.
@Turkobat Funny you'd mention that, I just bought one for $10 off of ebay a week ago =)
@SWAT No problem, sorry for being unclear. Thanks for giving us Dreamshell for free!
URL ссылки