DC-SWAT Forum

Полная версия: CDDA Not Working with Optimized GDIs [SOLVED]
Вы просматриваете yпpощеннyю веpсию форума. Пеpейти к полной веpсии.
I mentioned this in the "GDI Compatibility" thread but I decided it might be a good idea to make a dedicated topic. So I've noticed that CDDA audio emulation doesn't work with optimized GDIs. Is this a known issue or am I maybe doing something wrong? It works fine with straight GDI rips but most games won't boot unless they're optimized first.

Edit: Problem solved! Solution here.
Not all games are play cdda music...
For me, half of CDDA games does work, half doesn't. Some work with no music, other refuse to boot when applying CDDA emulation option.
I notice that the results may vary depending on the kind of device (IDE mod only, SATA HDD with a bridge...)
I also have found some CDDA games which does work with no OPT GDI, but doesn't with OPT GDI. Funny. Smile
(19.05.2017 04:55)Gillbert писал(а): [ -> ]For me, half of CDDA games does work, half doesn't.

Do you have any specific examples? I'd like to test them and see if I get the same results. I'm using IDE.
Figured out the issue! I was following this tutorial on how to optimize the GDIs and it said to delete the *.raw files. Turns out this was incorrect. I tried optimizing a GDI without deleting the *.raw files and now I get music! Big Grin
Have you tried NBA Hoopz ? CDDA is the commentator and cant hear it in Dreamshell
(21.02.2022 01:00)Ro Magnus Larsson писал(а): [ -> ]Have you tried NBA Hoopz ? CDDA is the commentator and cant hear it in Dreamshell

I'm seeing in the dragoncity's list the preset is DMA sync 16 but there is no mention about cdda...
You can try cdda with loader 3 and loader 11 in retrodream.
also in original format than opt format.

I have the same issue with Panzer front recently english translated, no cdda...
I'll try in orginal format instead of opt.
(23.02.2022 14:43)fafadou писал(а): [ -> ]
(21.02.2022 01:00)Ro Magnus Larsson писал(а): [ -> ]Have you tried NBA Hoopz ? CDDA is the commentator and cant hear it in Dreamshell

I'm seeing in the dragoncity's list the preset is DMA sync 16 but there is no mention about cdda...
You can try cdda with loader 3 and loader 11 in retrodream.
also in original format than opt format.

I have the same issue with Panzer front recently english translated, no cdda...
I'll try in orginal format instead of opt.
If you activate CDDA as preset in NBA Showtime or NBA Hoopz you hear commentator's voice all the time from the titles screen before any match, so it has a failure
URL ссылки