DC-SWAT Forum

Полная версия: Fix Problem Sata/Ssd
Вы просматриваете yпpощеннyю веpсию форума. Пеpейти к полной веpсии.
Страниц: 1 2
(17.02.2018 22:41)aldair писал(а): [ -> ]
(17.02.2018 22:01)dragoncity писал(а): [ -> ]Hum ok.. do you have an exemple of problem because I tested 4 adapter.. and play 3 games no problem. Smile

Even without pin 1, I still need the SD card to load the IDE.

No,I tested I can boot Dreamshell without Pin 1 no problem in CF Smile

I Will test in SSD,but I use an SD for Preset Smile

Ho Ok Strange I tested in CF no problem without Pin 1 for boot !

But with SSD need an SD... crazy ^^ !
So WITHOUT PIN 1 with SSD (or SATA)

- If you don't use GDROM (with nogdrom bios),you need to boot with SD !

- If you use GDROM you can boot with dreamshell on the SSD (or SATA).
Well, that's the problem, we still need the serial SD Card if want to use noGDROM.
Yes... for me not really a problem because preset doesn't work with IDE... so for me SD it's obligatory for the moment..

But It's sure I prefer that work with NoGdrom.
In my case it does not change much because I was already able to get my SATA adapters working here without GDROM board, I just need to make a clean and organized wiring. *But, with a serial SD Card reader*. If I use a GDROM board, no problem.

So, the main problem still remains. The proper solutions should be:

- A custom PCB design for JM20330 controller;
- A bootloader bios which is able to boot on Master mode.
this makes most adapters work i think, i had these https://www.amazon.com/HDE-Computer-Driv...B008X8NK0I with the IDE2SATA chips that didn't detect at all work and my JM20330 ones booted all the way into Dreamshell with pin 1 removed.
only issue i am having is shenmue II doesn't boot from Sata where as it does from CF, don't know about SSD since i don't have a spare one to test it out.
I have a GDROM that works though and boot with DS boot cd.
Normally, the next of dreamshell / DS folder will be able to have two hdd and I hope one in master mode, for me some games will works better because we can install a better convert ide-sata.
I tried a new SATA drive today, was a 500gb HGST Travelstar laptop drive sold to go in a ps3 with the caddy attached.
i got it on discount at walmart for $25, works loading all my games even shenmue II so guess dreamshell doesn't like certain sata drives as well as sata2ide adapters.Undecided
Guess i will make this one my daily driver for testing things.Big Grin
Well done :-)
Thankyou Megavolt for the 10K resistor advice on Pin 1. I have all my SATA adapters I purchased working great now

(19.04.2019 23:56)Coaster писал(а): [ -> ]Thankyou Megavolt for the 10K resistor advice on Pin 1. I have all my SATA adapters I purchased working great now
(19.04.2019 23:56)Coaster писал(а): [ -> ]Thankyou Megavolt for the 10K resistor advice on Pin 1. I have all my SATA adapters I purchased working great now

how to connect resistor 10k on pin1, can you give a picture
(17.02.2018 21:48)megavolt85 писал(а): [ -> ]connect reset via 10k resistor to VCC

hi friends, does anyone know where the VCC is?
Thanks for helping

If you are having trouble with your converter working, you can:
connect Pin 1(reset) via 10k resistor to VCC
VCC is power +3.3 Volts

[Изображение: attachment.php?aid=991]
(30.10.2020 20:41)megavolt85 писал(а): [ -> ]VCC is power +3.3 Volts

[Изображение: attachment.php?aid=991]

thanks for answering MegaVolt, so this is the correct connection?

Note, my motherboard is a VA0

[attachment=992]
[Изображение: attachment.php?aid=992]
(31.10.2020 00:41)Anderson писал(а): [ -> ]so this is the correct connection?

yep
(31.10.2020 04:44)megavolt85 писал(а): [ -> ]

yep

Thank you MegaVolt, thank you for your help, I will test it on my Dreamcast VA0
(31.10.2020 04:44)megavolt85 писал(а): [ -> ]

yep

MegaVolt one more question friend, in my Dreamcast VA0, I will leave the GDROM connected to run games via CR-ROM, and I will leave connected the IDE / Sata mod with a 256GB SSD, leaving the connection from pin 1 to the 10k resistor to the VCC as shown in the photo, I could have a problem, I say my GDROM card can burn or have problems?

Thanks for answering Smile
it is not dangerous for GDROM
(02.11.2020 19:54)megavolt85 писал(а): [ -> ]it is not dangerous for GDROM

thank you great MegaVolt Smile
Страниц: 1 2
URL ссылки