DC-SWAT Forum

Полная версия: Fix Problem Sata/Ssd
Вы просматриваете yпpощеннyю веpсию форума. Пеpейти к полной веpсии.
Страниц: 1 2
Hello Smile

With Cf adapter there is never a problem for boot or recognize cf card.

BUT with SATA Adapter.. I tested 4 adapter and sometimes for works need to put just 1 ground and very short (less 8cm)...

BUT (Again..) Today.. I tested 2 same adapter : JM20330
[Изображение: jm20330.png]

One boot without problem... and the other NO ! just detect the hard disk .. but just the first line like this photo.. Undecided
[Изображение: Boot%20Problem%20-%20found%20device.JPG]

1 - So.. have you find a solution for fix ALL the times the Sata Adapter?
2 - Or have you find the best adapter.. ?

Next,normally without gdrom and without crystal (just the wire) (with nogdrom bios) we can't boot sata... but with one adapter JM23330 I CAN !! But with 5 other JM2330 I can't..crazy no?

3 - I heard about an update on the Master.. maybe soon ? Smile

Thanx Tongue
I update my post with photos Smile
press START in bootloader
highlight DS on HDD and boot by press X button
Impossible..Angel when I press START there is the ligne "Boot loader Menu".. but it's all.. Confused

I know this "trick",but doesn't work when the hard disk is not recognize (all lines).
(15.02.2018 17:00)dragoncity писал(а): [ -> ]Impossible..Angel when I press START there is the ligne "Boot loader Menu".. but it's all.. Confused

I know this "trick",but doesn't work when the hard disk is not recognize (all lines).
The precise wiring is well organized. Need to try several times pressing start to recognize is a bug.
(15.02.2018 20:17)aldair писал(а): [ -> ]
(15.02.2018 17:00)dragoncity писал(а): [ -> ]Impossible..Angel when I press START there is the ligne "Boot loader Menu".. but it's all.. Confused

The precise wiring is well organized. Need to try several times pressing start to recognize is a bug.

I push START during the boot...20 times.. or maybe more..but nothing !

I know this trick but when there is juste the first line doesn't work..

How do you do with Sata or SSD..? What adapter do you use?
So block a this screen when I push start once or several times !

[Изображение: block%20boot%20menu.jpg]
(15.02.2018 22:45)dragoncity писал(а): [ -> ]So block a this screen when I push start once or several times !

[Изображение: block%20boot%20menu.jpg]

[Изображение: BGSoqzAl.jpg]
I ordered an ebay adapter JP103-5. when delivered to me, i have nothing to test the functionality, except for dreamcast.
pic
[attachment=690]
where on the forum I saw this adapter converter. and it worked.
we will see.
Yes I use this adapter too Smile

But sometimes doesn't work.. so I would like to knon how fix when doesn't work.
I have been following that situation. I've been messing with those adapters for a quite time, and I conclude that the whole problem is due to some interference that comes from G1-Bus which affects the SATA adaptor.

The most effective solution would be make a PCB design in order to avoid all that wiring, which is the cause of those problems. Yes I know that some kinds of SATA adapters do work as expected and other do not, but the main problem are not the adapters but the wiring itself. No matter how "good" is the wiring, there will be always a problem of stability.

The problem get even worst when we have to use an non-GDROM bios (without the GDROM board), because those adapters do not work well if no MASTER device is present. If we had a bootloader that could work in MASTER mode instead of SLAVE, then at least one part of the problem would be solved.

I hope that @Megavolt still have plans to release a bootloader bios with such feature, because in that way we could use an IDE-to-SD Card converter like this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Secure-Digi...0887386367 (the problem with this adapter is it only works in MASTER mode)

Then would be perfect, cost-effective and practical.
Great,this is the answer I was waiting.

Yes with bios no-gdrom is worse but I have an adapter JM20330 who works... and perfectly !!

SO I decided to buy same adapter.. and 5 doesn't work... crazyyyy ! Dodgy

In CF no problem... but some games like "4x4 Evolution" have sound crash with CDDA..but with SSD no problem.

For me SSD Its the best compatibility Big Grin

Maybe Megavolt will be make something...you are surely our savior! ! Big Grin
I found a solution... it's crazy but it works.. after MANY test.. I decided to remove the PIN 1 IDE !!

And Works ! And without GDROM ! Smile
Interesting... pin 1 is RESET. I'll do some tests tomorrow.
Yep G_RST !

It's crazy all adapter works now..and without gdrom ^^ !! OMG !!

I think it's a great discovery! Smile

I do not know what exactly this wire was used for except that ..
connect reset via 10k resistor to VCC
(17.02.2018 21:48)megavolt85 писал(а): [ -> ]connect reset via 10k resistor to VCC

Humm why? It works if you don't use Pin 1 IDE...

What is this pin 1 exactly for?
for reset controller on boot
without reset can be random problem
Hum ok.. do you have an exemple of problem because I tested 4 adapter.. and play 3 games no problem. Smile
(17.02.2018 22:01)dragoncity писал(а): [ -> ]Hum ok.. do you have an exemple of problem because I tested 4 adapter.. and play 3 games no problem. Smile

Even without pin 1, I still need the SD card to load the IDE.
Страниц: 1 2
URL ссылки