DC-SWAT Forum

Полная версия: Problems Shenmue 2 and ide-cf mod with dreamshell
Вы просматриваете yпpощеннyю веpсию форума. Пеpейти к полной веpсии.
Hi, I recently purchased my first dreamcast from ebay with picopsu mod, compact flash ide mod, bios chip replaced with a flashable one and currently running dreamshell's bootloader. I purchased a sandisk ultra 16gb (333x 50MB/s). All seems to be fine, tried a lot of games and works well even in true dma mode and is pretty fast. I was playing shenmue 2 with widescreen hex patch and I'm currently at disc 2 when you go to warehouse no. 8 to enter Beverly hills wharf. After the second battle that you have to mandatory loose you will wake up in wong's boat. After sleeping starts a cinematic surrounding the zone but at some point video and audio hangs and console freeze. I tried also with "vanilla" gdi, a cdi version, switching off dma, playing with emu async sectors and tried loader 0.6.6 and nothing: it freeze always at the same point. Now I can only burn a cdi version only to pass the cinematic. Since shenmue 2 is given fully compatible, did someone played the whole game from ide? I also have another problem: as said the cf seems to work well and pretty fast but if I try to write to it from dreamshell for backing up saves or save a preset the console hangs and after a reboot sometimes I have a file with right name but 0 byte and sometimes completely mess the file system and I have to reformat so my dreamcast can access the cf in read-only but as said all games seems to work fine except for shenmue 2. Hope the two issues are not related. Thank you all for your responses.
I don't notice anything but I just play at the begining.
Thanks for sharing it.
(06.10.2018 12:35)fafadou писал(а): [ -> ]I don't notice anything but I just play at the begining.
Thanks for sharing it.

Please let me know if you can finish disk 2 without hassles! I had to burn a copy only to pass a cinematic and then resuming from ide-cf.
Also, @swat or @megavolt85 or any other experienced dc modder: what do you think about the read-only issue that I have? Wiring or ide-cf adapter?
There are a few issues with shenmue 2s second disc.

I ran into the same issue and a number of other lockups.

I burnt a CD for it.

Disc 3 plays fine but there is another lockup on the final disc at the shenmue tree. I also had to burn a disc to get past that too
(06.10.2018 20:56)Toe-Knee писал(а): [ -> ]There are a few issues with shenmue 2s second disc.

I ran into the same issue and a number of other lockups.

I burnt a CD for it.

Disc 3 plays fine but there is another lockup on the final disc at the shenmue tree. I also had to burn a disc to get past that too

Thanks at least now I know that isn't a problem of my unit!

EDIT: I found another game given for working but is not: 18 wheeler loads but locks after the start of third stage.
URL ссылки