DC-SWAT Forum

Полная версия: NBA Showtime/NBA Hoopz! Why I do not hear commentator voice? CDDA function?
Вы просматриваете yпpощеннyю веpсию форума. Пеpейти к полной веpсии.
Hi: I am a NBA games fan, and all works good but in these two I noticed some time ago that the commentator voice does not hear in the games playing in Dreamshell. In my Raspberry Pi3 with emulator Reicast I can hear loudly commentator voice. Is some DS update that make all the sounds work? Or simply CDDA preset configuration?
If it's not music it's probably due to loader and not cdda.

try 0.6.1_gcc_7.1 loader (as loader 3 in @Dragoncity list) else loader 0.7.x_b1, and finally 0.6.11_se if it's not a cdda game.
Finally someone else has noticed. It is a CDDA game. The CDDA is the commentator. I've found a number of configs that get the commentator talking at the matchup screen but then he doesn't stop talking and the game never starts.
The cdda of this game is written in lba, if you modify the file structure, the cdda will not work properly
(07.01.2021 10:25)kof888 писал(а): [ -> ]The cdda of this game is written in lba, if you modify the file structure, the cdda will not work properly

The IDE hard discs which have LBA are the 160Gb or more, is it anything about it ?
No, if you have the original unmodified gdi attached, the cdda should work normally, if it doesn’t work, you may need to wait for the ISO Loader to update.
(07.01.2021 13:58)kof888 писал(а): [ -> ]No, if you have the original unmodified gdi attached, the cdda should work normally, if it doesn’t work, you may need to wait for the ISO Loader to update.

So you suggest to play a GDI with the bin files (not optimized)?
I’m not sure if the optimized mirror will change LBA, so I’m not sure
(10.01.2021 16:23)kof888 писал(а): [ -> ]I’m not sure if the optimized mirror will change LBA, so I’m not sure

optimization does not change LBA, it removes unused 16 sync bytes and 288 bytes error correction (ECC/EDC)
Thanks for the reply, that's too simple
It is something about IDE HDDs ? I have IDEs and detected that some games like MSR or Resident Evil 2 does not work in IDE 80Gb (LBA 28+) but work in a more LBA HDD like a 160Gb one (LBA32+) . Any way in that cases DREAMSHELL show the message "ide LBA don't supported" but in NBA games does not show it
URL ссылки