DC-SWAT Forum
Small problem with internal sd card mod - Версия для печати

+- DC-SWAT Forum (http://www.dc-swat.ru/forum)
+-- Форум: Sega Dreamcast (/forum-2.html)
+--- Форум: English section (/forum-29.html)
+--- Тема: Small problem with internal sd card mod (/thread-1546.html)

Small problem with internal sd card mod - lolof - 01.04.2011 22:53

Hello,

I have done the internal sd mod with access led on my Dreamcast.

By the way, is this normal that the led light up directly during the boot process of the dreamcast (without the dreamshell disc inserted) ????
I mean, if I am playing a disc game for example, the led always light up.

When I use the dreamshell disc and load the dreamshell, all is normal, Led light up when there is access to sd card and doesn't light at all when there is no access.

This is very strange....

I use a resistor 470 ohms just before the LED as described in the tutorial I found on internet.

Does it means that the DC in normal mod constantly send a voltage through the pin 10 of the serial port ???

I would like to solve this small problem.

Thank you for your help

RE: Small problem with internal sd card mod - SWAT - 02.04.2011 12:59

This is not a problem. Such an effect at everyone DC.

RE: Small problem with internal sd card mod - Dingo - 04.04.2011 21:52

(01.04.2011 22:53)lolof писал(а):  Does it means that the DC in normal mod constantly send a voltage through the pin 10 of the serial port

Yup.

The reason it goes off when Dreamshell boots is that dreamshell loads the SD card driver software and sets the serial port to work in that respect.

I suppose what you could do is create a circuit that would only operate the light if a certain voltage threshold is reached. I'm no electrical engineer, but I'm guessing that a transistor and a few resistors could accomplish that somehow.

Of course, you could just increase the value of the resistor you have in there now so that at normal dreamcast operation it won't have enough voltage to light... but you'd also be decreasing the brightness when it's operating by the same factor.

RE: Small problem with internal sd card mod - SWAT - 05.04.2011 06:25

He is stopping you? Smile
Why complicate the scheme.