DC-SWAT Forum
Setting up KOS for development? - Версия для печати

+- DC-SWAT Forum (http://www.dc-swat.ru/forum)
+-- Форум: Sega Dreamcast (/forum-2.html)
+--- Форум: English section (/forum-29.html)
+--- Тема: Setting up KOS for development? (/thread-1973.html)

Setting up KOS for development? - S. P. Gardebiter - 26.10.2012 20:09

Hello,
I've got huge trouble trying to compile KOS, I didn't even manage to compile the dc-chain. I found an old tutorial (written 2011) on some website but it didn't work either. The DC DEV ISO is also very outdated, so, how do I compile the new KOS? I already cloned it with GIT but I don't even know which version I've got because there is no clue about it in the whole package. Also a lot of missing information about how to get it run, is it just me or is that a bad style?
Anyway, I tried compiling the dc-chain by downloading gcc-core, gcc-g++ and gcc-objc version 4.5.2 and by inserting the mpfr, mpc and gmp lib into the gcc-4.5.2 directory. I've also downloaded binutils and newlib.
However, I took the version number from the tutorial, since there was no evidence in the KOS ReadMe.

Anybody got an idea how to compile it?

RE: Setting up KOS for development? - SWAT - 27.10.2012 18:19

So you have a ready-made compilers or not?

RE: Setting up KOS for development? - S. P. Gardebiter - 29.10.2012 06:39

Well, I was not able to compile the toolchain as it always failed. So I've got no compiler to compile KOS with and I've got no idea which versions of these libraries I need.

RE: Setting up KOS for development? - superdefault - 29.10.2012 13:05

(29.10.2012 06:39)S. P. Gardebiter писал(а):  Well, I was not able to compile the toolchain as it always failed. So I've got no compiler to compile KOS with and I've got no idea which versions of these libraries I need.

i used the download script wich downloads
binutils-2.22, gcc-4.7.0 and newlib-1.20.0
and applied the patches
i also needed GMP 4.2+,MPFR2.3.1+ and MPC 0.8.0+
and i successfully compiled the toolchain.

still got an error building kos though.

RE: Setting up KOS for development? - SWAT - 31.10.2012 11:40

Show me the error message.

RE: Setting up KOS for development? - S. P. Gardebiter - 24.09.2013 17:18

It's me again. After kind of giving up, I'm back again. So sorry for bumping this thread.
I'm trying to compile this thing with Cygwin and I've got all the libraries now that I need. I still have trouble compiling the toolchain, the download and unpack scripts are running fine but "make" just doesn't work.
This is part of my log: http://pastebin.com/Z2ccKsF4

For some reason "mv" gives me errors.
Any idea?

RE: Setting up KOS for development? - sc_maxim - 24.09.2013 18:34

Looks like installing texinfo package to Cygwin may help You. According to the log, you get an errors in step which makes info's documentation. Try to install this package.

RE: Setting up KOS for development? - S. P. Gardebiter - 25.09.2013 00:57

The package is already installed or do I need the sourcecode too?

RE: Setting up KOS for development? - Rio - 25.09.2013 03:12

No, you don't need source code.

RE: Setting up KOS for development? - S. P. Gardebiter - 25.09.2013 05:34

Why doesn't it work then?

Whatever, I've installed the source now and got an error message again (a different one) and had to install another library.
I still get error messages though. Undecided

Код:
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/SPGardebiter/kallistios/utils/dc-chain/build-gcc-sh-elf-4.7.3/sh-elf/m4/libstdc++-v3/include'
echo timestamp > stamp-pb
Makefile:1432: recipe for target `stamp-parallel' failed
make[3]: [stamp-parallel] Error 1 (ignored)
echo timestamp > stamp-host
echo 0 > stamp-namespace-version
echo 1 > stamp-visibility
echo 1 > stamp-extern-template

Код:
libtool: compile:  /home/SPGardebiter/kallistios/utils/dc-chain/build-gcc-sh-elf-4.7.3/./gcc/xgcc -shared-libgcc -B/home/SPGardebiter/kallistios/utils/dc-chain/build-gcc-sh-elf-4.7.3/./gcc -nostdinc++ -L/home/SPGardebiter/kallistios/utils/dc-chain/build-gcc-sh-elf-4.7.3/sh-elf/libstdc++-v3/src -L/home/SPGardebiter/kallistios/utils/dc-chain/build-gcc-sh-elf-4.7.3/sh-elf/libstdc++-v3/src/.libs -B/opt/toolchains/dc/sh-elf/sh-elf/bin/ -B/opt/toolchains/dc/sh-elf/sh-elf/lib/ -isystem /opt/toolchains/dc/sh-elf/sh-elf/include -isystem /opt/toolchains/dc/sh-elf/sh-elf/sys-include -I/home/SPGardebiter/kallistios/utils/dc-chain/gcc-4.7.3/libstdc++-v3/../libgcc -I/home/SPGardebiter/kallistios/utils/dc-chain/build-gcc-sh-elf-4.7.3/sh-elf/libstdc++-v3/include/sh-elf -I/home/SPGardebiter/kallistios/utils/dc-chain/build-gcc-sh-elf-4.7.3/sh-elf/libstdc++-v3/include -I/home/SPGardebiter/kallistios/utils/dc-chain/gcc-4.7.3/libstdc++-v3/libsupc++ -Wall -Wextra -Wwrite-strings -Wcast-qual -Wabi -fdiagnostics-show-location=once -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -frandom-seed=eh_type.lo -g -O2 -c ../../../../gcc-4.7.3/libstdc++-v3/libsupc++/eh_type.cc -o eh_type.o
Makefile:595: recipe for target `eh_type.lo' failed
make[5]: *** [eh_type.lo] Error 1
make[5]: *** Warte auf noch nicht beendete Prozesse...
Makefile:595: recipe for target `function_type_info.lo' failed
make[5]: *** [function_type_info.lo] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/SPGardebiter/kallistios/utils/dc-chain/build-gcc-sh-elf-4.7.3/sh-elf/libstdc++-v3/libsupc++'
Makefile:475: recipe for target `all-recursive' failed
make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/SPGardebiter/kallistios/utils/dc-chain/build-gcc-sh-elf-4.7.3/sh-elf/libstdc++-v3'
Makefile:381: recipe for target `all' failed
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/SPGardebiter/kallistios/utils/dc-chain/build-gcc-sh-elf-4.7.3/sh-elf/libstdc++-v3'
Makefile:9032: recipe for target `all-target-libstdc++-v3' failed
make[2]: *** [all-target-libstdc++-v3] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/SPGardebiter/kallistios/utils/dc-chain/build-gcc-sh-elf-4.7.3'
Makefile:869: recipe for target `all' failed
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/SPGardebiter/kallistios/utils/dc-chain/build-gcc-sh-elf-4.7.3'

Here is the full log: http://files.tile44.org/etc/build-gcc-sh-elf-4.7.3-pass2.log

RE: Setting up KOS for development? - SWAT - 25.09.2013 07:52

1. Open dc-chain Makefile
2. Find line "makejobs=-j4"
3. Replace it to "makejobs="
4. Try again.

RE: Setting up KOS for development? - Rio - 26.09.2013 17:36

I wonder will he built this under a Cygwin

RE: Setting up KOS for development? - SWAT - 27.09.2013 06:48

(26.09.2013 17:36)Rio писал(а):  I wonder will he built this under a Cygwin
Why not? I'm builded it under cygwin Smile

RE: Setting up KOS for development? - Rio - 07.10.2013 17:42

You was lucky Smile