DC-SWAT Forum
Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List - Версия для печати

+- DC-SWAT Forum (http://www.dc-swat.ru/forum)
+-- Форум: DreamShell (/forum-3.html)
+--- Форум: General Discussion (/forum-27.html)
+--- Тема: Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List (/thread-2145.html)

Страниц: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List - dragoncity - 08.05.2016 15:04

Ok Swat,perfect!

I downloaded the pack "https://github.com/DC-SWAT/DreamShell/archive/master.zip"
I took juste the folder "build" for have DS folder.

But for an exemple,iso loader is no update...0.5.0 (and black wallpaper..)

So I replace them by the original http://www.dc-swat.ru/download/dc/ds/4.0/DreamShell_4.0.0_RC4_and_Boot_Loader.7z

The rest is up to date?

I saw:
https://github.com/DC-SWAT/DreamShell/commits/master/build

Updated build of BIOS Flasher modules

What is it change?

For my experience,many times I have an error when flash...so for me it's a bad solder..but it's strange...
I have the error code..but if you put the PIN it has a bad solder it's better Smile

And again a bad experience...
I flashed dice first,no problem...I said whaoouuu good !! ^^

But after many use don't want to boot...And impossibility to flash again !
So solder again..and work...but it's boring ^^

So now I compare the flash before to go up the console.
Maybe it's a good solution !

RE: Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List - SWAT - 09.05.2016 08:36

This commit updated builds of BIOS flasher modules for this fix - https://github.com/DC-SWAT/DreamShell/commit/7cb1c4bd83b6e132375fc74e6ed63029d46921d4

Sorry I forget commit last updates of applications to build directory, I fix it soon.

RE: Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List - dragoncity - 09.05.2016 09:58

Ok :-)

When I Took the build version and replace just Iso loader there is a problem with many games.
An exemple Dino Crisis don't want to boot.

So I wait you change all :-)

Edit :
So I downloaded your last build (today)
And with the update it's the same for Dino Crisis don't wan't to boot...black screen

Maybe an error in the update of Isoloader..?

What is "Improved for compatibility with AICA RTC driver" ..?

LBA28.....? Big Grin

RE: Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List - SWAT - 09.05.2016 13:01

(09.05.2016 09:58)dragoncity писал(а):  Ok :-)

When I Took the build version and replace just Iso loader there is a problem with many games.
An exemple Dino Crisis don't want to boot.

So I wait you change all :-)

Edit :
So I downloaded your last build (today)
And with the update it's the same for Dino Crisis don't wan't to boot...black screen

Maybe an error in the update of Isoloader..?

I'm not fix anything in iso loader, just copy to build directory as is in release.

(09.05.2016 09:58)dragoncity писал(а):  What is "Improved for compatibility with AICA RTC driver" ..?

LBA28.....? Big Grin

RTC - Real Time Clock.
It's not a HDD driver.

RE: Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List - dragoncity - 09.05.2016 13:02

Ok but it's strange Swat...

If you use the version "ISO LOADER" of build..doesn't work with Dino Crisis..

If I use Iso loader (original package http://www.dc-swat.ru/download/dc/ds/4.0/DreamShell_4.0.0_RC4_and_Boot_Loader.7z) no problem ! Angel

RE: Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List - SWAT - 09.05.2016 15:36

The app it's just UI for low level software, that really used for booting games. The UI can't have game compatibility issues.
Only isoldr/isofs modules and isoldr firmware can have game compatibility issues.
Your case really strange... Just use release.

RE: Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List - elpedromolina04 - 13.05.2016 09:06

hello swat!! i want to ask you...

how i can optimizing the gdi games images?

can you explain me?

thanks!!

RE: Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List - Gillbert - 13.05.2016 09:40

(13.05.2016 09:06)elpedromolina04 писал(а):  how i can optimizing the gdi games images?

can you explain me?

Pretty easy. Get ISO Make PAK, copy the "optimize_gdi.bat" file and
"sys" folder, put both inside your GDI game folder and then just run the bat file. Wait for the process and it's done. Wink

RE: Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List - elpedromolina04 - 14.05.2016 09:51

THANKSSSSS MAN!!

RE: Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List - Gillbert - 15.05.2016 03:36

(11.04.2016 15:07)dragoncity писал(а):  4- When you boot directly in Iso Loader,I would like directly arrive in IDE,not with the choice IDE VMU CD etc..:

(11.04.2016 18:34)SWAT писал(а):  4. I got it. You can change it in XML file of this application on this line
https://github.com/DC-SWAT/DreamShell/blob/master/applications/iso_loader/app.xml?ts=4#L135
just change attribute:
PHP код:
path="/" 
to
PHP код:
path="/ide" 

That gave me an idea Smile

I use to enjoy the SDISO NeoGeo pack emulator with ROMS that I found at TiZ, recently I found that it also works from HDD, then I placed it at the following path on my HDD: ide/iso/neogeo, because I like my things a bit organized Tongue but it's a little annoying having to browse to the paths to reach the emulator folder. So I made a copy of ISO Loader with a different name and I set a special path for NeoGeo folder in the ISO Loader, now I just have to click once on the desktop icon and to choose the game folder Smile

RE: Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List - Dark Hayabusa - 18.05.2016 23:41

(15.05.2016 03:36)Gillbert писал(а):  
(11.04.2016 15:07)dragoncity писал(а):  4- When you boot directly in Iso Loader,I would like directly arrive in IDE,not with the choice IDE VMU CD etc..:

(11.04.2016 18:34)SWAT писал(а):  4. I got it. You can change it in XML file of this application on this line
https://github.com/DC-SWAT/DreamShell/blob/master/applications/iso_loader/app.xml?ts=4#L135
just change attribute:
PHP код:
path="/" 
to
PHP код:
path="/ide" 

That gave me an idea Smile

I use to enjoy the SDISO NeoGeo pack emulator with ROMS that I found at TiZ, recently I found that it also works from HDD, then I placed it at the following path on my HDD: ide/iso/neogeo, because I like my things a bit organized Tongue but it's a little annoying having to browse to the paths to reach the emulator folder. So I made a copy of ISO Loader with a different name and I set a special path for NeoGeo folder in the ISO Loader, now I just have to click once on the desktop icon and to choose the game folder Smile

Good job! But I need to ask you how you managed to run homebrews on the HDD since I do not work either , only Dreamcast games ( Katana or WinCE)
Tools have to make movies and series with good resolution which implements but only works for me in Dreamshell RC 3. Undecided

RE: Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List - Gillbert - 20.05.2016 11:18

(18.05.2016 23:41)Dark Hayabusa писал(а):  Good job! But I need to ask you how you managed to run homebrews on the HDD since I do not work either , only Dreamcast games ( Katana or WinCE)
Tools have to make movies and series with good resolution which implements but only works for me in Dreamshell RC 3. Undecided

Thanks!

In case of the NeoGeo pack I just got it ready from IsoZone site, there are at least 3 packs of NeoGeo emulator with ROMS already in SDISO format there, you just need to run it with Dreamshell.

I managed to get other programs in CDI format working on Dreamshell which didn't work before (if running directly in CDI format), for example DCStella emulator, Controller Test app and the 240P Test Suit program. I just extracted the contents from CDI (IP.BIN included) and then used ISO Make PAK to create an working ISO for Dreamshell.

RE: Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List - rafa_apm - 21.06.2016 20:28

Hi, anyone got cosmic smash and rez working in dreamshell? thanks!

RE: Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List - Astraller - 24.06.2016 01:39

Optimized version of Cosmic Smash gdi works like charm (try to launch track3.iso if the .gdi fails to start)

RE: Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List - rafa_apm - 25.06.2016 22:25

thanks for the reply but I get black screen or stuck in "executing file" if I disable fast boot..
can you tell me the settings u used and what version of cosmic smash you download?
thanks!

RE: Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List - Somechump - 26.06.2016 13:40

(25.06.2016 22:25)rafa_apm писал(а):  thanks for the reply but I get black screen or stuck in "executing file" if I disable fast boot..
can you tell me the settings u used and what version of cosmic smash you download?
thanks!

For Cosmic Smash I select DMA transfer mode, async True and memory 0x8c004000.

RE: Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List - rafa_apm - 27.06.2016 00:21

Many thanks, really apreciated, it worked Big Grin

Someone got rez working? Smile

RE: Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List - SWAT - 27.06.2016 08:31

The Rez still doesn't boot in DS.

RE: Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List - Somechump - 02.07.2016 03:58

Does anyone have Hydro Thunder working correctly.
Loading from IDE with VGA output the game screen is shacky and occasionally blacks out, it looks like it keeps changing to an unsupported resolution.
I have tried game ver 1.009 and 1.020, both same result.

RE: Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List - Gillbert - 02.07.2016 05:56

(02.07.2016 03:58)Somechump писал(а):  Does anyone have Hydro Thunder working correctly.
Loading from IDE with VGA output the game screen is shacky and occasionally blacks out, it looks like it keeps changing to an unsupported resolution.
I have tried game ver 1.009 and 1.020, both same result.

Did you enable DMA transfer?
I have the PAL version working here via VGA (Hydro Thunder v1.009, optimized GDI, Dreamshell RC4), it works with default settings (DMA enabled, 8c00400 memory position) with DMA disabled there are some strange flickering in the image (maybe the same symptom you got?).

This game has CDDA tracks however it doesn't work well, if I enable CDDA emulation, it occurs some random freezes and audio sometimes disappear.