DC-SWAT Forum
Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List - Версия для печати

+- DC-SWAT Forum (http://www.dc-swat.ru/forum)
+-- Форум: DreamShell (/forum-3.html)
+--- Форум: General Discussion (/forum-27.html)
+--- Тема: Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List (/thread-2145.html)

Страниц: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List - fafadou - 28.05.2017 14:33

as deep fighter and guilty gear vigilante 8 seems to be better with sd card for cdda even if the rate of serial port is too slow.
I try with my sdcard to confirm that -> ok in my system, but as always FMVs lag because of serial port.

When there are too much cdda tracks it's too hard for dreamshell to play it with hdd...
For me, we have at least 4 wheel thunder, vigilant 8 2nd offense, deep fighter, guilty gear, kao the kangaroo and probably others concerned (like sturmwind for name a homebrew) by this problem.

The game kao the kagaroo with those 54 cdda tracks ; it's too difficult for all devices ^^

We have identified this problem, hope the next update will correct this. It will increase a lot the compatibily list.

RE: Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List - pcwzrd13 - 28.05.2017 19:43

Some updates:

Games now marked as working:
- Hydro Thunder works but not via VGA. The screen still flickers a bit on the menu but stops after the game starts.
- Sword of the Berserk works. You have to press Start during the black screens when loading the game or it will just stay black forever.
- Sports Jam works on 0x8cfe8000.
- Test Drive 6 is fully working with Async 2 (wouldn't load the garage with default).

Observations:
- I got Soul Calibur to work via 0x8c004000 with Async 16 but it froze when starting a match and had some strange graphical glitches. Even stranger, I haven't gotten the game to boot since, even with the exact same settings.

RE: Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List - Turbokat - 29.05.2017 00:10

Conducted more tests today, I need to make a correction from earlier for Vigilante 8 2nd Offense. I thought that the game froze in only Arcade Mode when you try to move on after the stage is completed. Turns out ALL modes including Survival Mode freezes during exit/continue. Discovered this while playing the first stage of Chessy Blues Quest Mode (ice stage) and the dumpster character in Survival Mode on the Arizona stage.

This game is unplayable with the exception of the first stage for any mode.

(28.05.2017 14:33)fafadou писал(а):  as deep fighter and guilty gear vigilante 8 seems to be better with sd card for cdda even if the rate of serial port is too slow.
I try with my sdcard to confirm that -> ok in my system, but as always FMVs lag because of serial port.

When there are too much cdda tracks it's too hard for dreamshell to play it with hdd...
For me, we have at least 4 wheel thunder, vigilant 8 2nd offense, deep fighter, guilty gear, kao the kangaroo and probably others concerned (like sturmwind for name a homebrew) by this problem.

The game kao the kagaroo with those 54 cdda tracks ; it's too difficult for all devices ^^

We have identified this problem, hope the next update will correct this. It will increase a lot the compatibily list.

What do you mean those games are faster with the SD card? Are you saying the music isn't scratchy and won't cut off in Guilty Gear X & that Vigilante 8 doesn't freeze when exiting a stage or changing backround music?

How slow would you say are FMV's are when using the SD card in DC's sluggish serial port? A framerate jitter here or there, or does it make FMV's in games like Vigilante unwatchable?

(28.05.2017 19:43)pcwzrd13 писал(а):  Some updates:

- Hydro Thunder works but not via VGA. The screen still flickers a bit on the menu but stops after the game starts.
- Sword of the Berserk works. You have to press Start during the black screens when loading the game or it will just stay black forever.
- Test Drive 6 is fully working with Async 2 (wouldn't load the garage with default).

Observations:
- I got Soul Calibur to work via 0x8c004000 with Async 16 but it froze when starting a match and had some strange graphical glitches. Even stranger, I haven't gotten the game to boot since, even with the exact same settings.

Yeah, from what I from what I understand Soul Calibur may as well be Shenmue 1 that thing refuses to work using any normal method. Short of a CF Card with IDE adapter it's impossible. Good to hear about the other 3 games, loves me some Hydro Thunder!

RE: Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List - fafadou - 29.05.2017 04:29

In my system soulcalibur have a strange color during the intro but after the game is good. I try it with my ssd hdd.
Thanks for all the tips hope dragon can add them in this list too, soon.

For me the cdda are a little better with the sdcard even if can't finished a level with vigilant8. The FMVs lag cause of the drop of framerate of the serial port. I'll wish to compare it with my ssd but for now I can't do it. Anyway, when there are about 5 cdda tracks, the game crash. But it may be easy to correct in an update.

I try to repack shenmue with adding a nrgheader but not works unfortunaly... Shenmue I will be available in french soon, maybe this repack will be run with dreamshell rc4. Do you know how change the widescreen ? I want to try it with shenmue II.

RE: Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List - Turbokat - 29.05.2017 10:18

(29.05.2017 04:29)fafadou писал(а):  In my system soulcalibur have a strange color during the intro but after the game is good. I try it with my ssd hdd.
Thanks for all the tips hope dragon can add them in this list too, soon.

For me the cdda are a little better with the sdcard even if can't finished a level with vigilant8. The FMVs lag cause of the drop of framerate of the serial port. I'll wish to compare it with my ssd but for now I can't do it. Anyway, when there are about 5 cdda tracks, the game crash. But it may be easy to correct in an update.

I try to repack shenmue with adding a nrgheader but not works unfortunaly... Shenmue I will be available in french soon, maybe this repack will be run with dreamshell rc4. Do you know how change the widescreen ? I want to try it with shenmue II.
I believe you have to mess with a hex editor in order to get both Shenmue titles to display at 16:9. I'm definitely no expert at that however if you wish to learn, someone did it through hex editing CDI files. Ask around at Shenmue dojo.

My desire is that the French version will be built with Dreamshell RC4 in mind as well. Someone can always reverse engineer it back to English & other languages after that. The important thing is to get the current Dreamshell OS to recognize it.

Been thinking about those CDDA games that don't work. I do wonder if there is a way to alter raw files to force them to work in Dreamshell, not sure if that consists of shrinking the files or reducing playtime or what.

RE: Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List - pcwzrd13 - 29.05.2017 23:39

More updates:

- POD SpeedZone works via 0x8c000100 with Async 16. There's no music though and the game freezes with CDDA emulation.
- Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2 works via 0x8c000100.

Setting tweaks:
- 4x4 Evolution's load times are significantly improved with Async set to 16.

RE: Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List - dragoncity - 29.05.2017 23:57

4x4 Evolution's load times are significantly improved with Async set to 16.
You said async 16 it's better than true dma...

No possible ^^ true dma it's the perfect dma Smile

RE: Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List - pcwzrd13 - 30.05.2017 00:13

(29.05.2017 23:57)dragoncity писал(а):  4x4 Evolution's load times are significantly improved with Async set to 16.
You said async 16 it's better than true dma...

No possible ^^ true dma it's the perfect dma Smile

The game loads a race in 7 seconds with Async 16. It takes 35 seconds with true DMA. It's not even a close race. lol

RE: Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List - dragoncity - 30.05.2017 00:19

WTF lol
I tested Smile

So Quick Race > Continue > Go Race

True dma like you 35s and async 16 7s..

WHYYYYY !!

And when you launch the game and skip video..with true dma very long to go to menu...with async 16.. 2s.. !! ^^

Thank you for this information Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Megavolt...Swat...Can you explain that?? Rolleyes

RE: Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List - pcwzrd13 - 30.05.2017 00:24

Yup, the load times are much faster everywhere. It's weird. I knew something was wrong as I've played the game many times with the disc and the load times from the hard drive were much slower.

RE: Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List - dragoncity - 30.05.2017 00:25

So all OPT it's better in ASYNC16 if I understand... !!!

RE: Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List - Gillbert - 30.05.2017 01:02

(30.05.2017 00:25)dragoncity писал(а):  So all OPT it's better in ASYNC16 if I understand... !!!

Not necessary, it depends on the game. I've already see this behavior before, I don't remember on what game(s) such thing happened, but it does not apply for all games.

RE: Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List - dragoncity - 30.05.2017 01:03

Ok Gillbert :-)

So now nees to check ^^

If you have other exemple tell me :-)

RE: Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List - nes0x - 30.05.2017 01:08

(28.05.2017 19:43)pcwzrd13 писал(а):  Some updates:

- Sports Jam works on 0x8cfe8000.

Observations:

Hello

I have tested some games on a DC US, and NTSC US game versions

Hydro thunder depends if you use a vga-hdmi converter, I have tested on a native VGA CRT monitor and works great, when you use a hdmi converter the image have flicker.

Soul Calibur only will work on a Faster Storage like a Compact Flash memory on DS RC3, Optimized GDI with DMA activated.

RE: Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List - pcwzrd13 - 30.05.2017 02:58

(30.05.2017 01:08)nes0x писал(а):  Hydro thunder depends if you use a vga-hdmi converter, I have tested on a native VGA CRT monitor and works great, when you use a hdmi converter the image have flicker.

For me it's the opposite. It works with a VGA-to-HDMI converter but not with straight VGA. Go figure. lol I guess it would also depend on the TV/Monitor/Converter.

RE: Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List - Turbokat - 30.05.2017 04:15

(30.05.2017 02:58)pcwzrd13 писал(а):  
(30.05.2017 01:08)nes0x писал(а):  Hydro thunder depends if you use a vga-hdmi converter, I have tested on a native VGA CRT monitor and works great, when you use a hdmi converter the image have flicker.

For me it's the opposite. It works with a VGA-to-HDMI converter but not with straight VGA. Go figure. lol I guess it would also depend on the TV/Monitor/Converter.
Interesting... I'll test it in VGA using the XRGB-3 passthrough next time I fire up the DC. Expect results at some point.

RE: Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List - fafadou - 30.05.2017 11:51

when you chose cdda, the switch goes automatically to async 16 it's maybe why it's better with 4*4 evo because it's cdda game.

hydro thunder is not a vga native game but it seems it's patchable with hex edit changing the vga flag to 00 to 10 in the ip.bin with the PAL version only. But how to rebuild the .gdi after ? Do you have a good tool for this , Because this is a cdda game too ; not so easy to change...
Maybe we can change it in the track01, 03.bin directly ?

RE: Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List - dragoncity - 30.05.2017 12:42

Ho yeah I forgot,Hydro Thunder works in VGA directly by the cable... strange "pcwzrd13".

I didn't change anything,just take the release.

RE: Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List - fafadou - 30.05.2017 13:41

It looks it's easy to patch maybe you have a release already patched where have you take it please ?

Or maybe pcwzrd13 have not taken the pal version because the ntsc is not pachable.

for cdda, I build a .cdi with snow surfer with cdda tracks i release it in the isozone. for me it's the same result with gdi : the sound crash a little. But maybe for you it will be different ans a beginning of issue for cdda ?

RE: Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List - dragoncity - 30.05.2017 15:03

"Or maybe pcwzrd13 have not taken the pal version because the ntsc is not pachable."

Maybe that Smile

Test PAL version "pcwzrd13" Wink