DC-SWAT Forum
Slow boot, constantly checking for disc in drive - Версия для печати

+- DC-SWAT Forum (http://www.dc-swat.ru/forum)
+-- Форум: Sega Dreamcast (/forum-2.html)
+--- Форум: English section (/forum-29.html)
+--- Тема: Slow boot, constantly checking for disc in drive (/thread-2579.html)

Slow boot, constantly checking for disc in drive - Russtyb - 20.03.2017 18:09

Hi, I have a strange issue. I completed the dual bios mod a couple of days ago and everything seamed OK. I was playing through Shenmue today when the system froze, I rebooted and now the boot time is around 2 minutes! Once in the main menu the system starts to constantly check for a disc, I've even tried it with no gdrom drive connected.

Also when the system is booting I get no boot animation, just the dreamcast logo. Any ideas?

RE: Slow boot, constantly checking for disc in drive - megavolt85 - 21.03.2017 02:04

dmaged gdrom or dead your flash chip

RE: Slow boot, constantly checking for disc in drive - Russtyb - 21.03.2017 02:22

(21.03.2017 02:04)megavolt85 писал(а):  dmaged gdrom or dead your flash chip

Thanks for the reply, it does the same with the gdrom disconnected so I think it's the flash chip. I have the same issue with both flash chips. I'll replace and test.

RE: Slow boot, constantly checking for disc in drive - SWAT - 21.03.2017 07:11

You have Region Changer Mod? Disconnect 12V from your chip and connect only at flashing.

RE: Slow boot, constantly checking for disc in drive - Russtyb - 21.03.2017 09:19

(21.03.2017 07:11)SWAT писал(а):  You have Region Changer Mod? Disconnect 12V from your chip and connect only at flashing.

No, only dual bios.

RE: Slow boot, constantly checking for disc in drive - SWAT - 21.03.2017 10:40

Seems you have bad GD-ROM.
You can't disconnect it for check without special BIOS firmware (_nogdrom).
if you disconnect GD-ROM on any DC (without mods too), you get the same behavior.

RE: Slow boot, constantly checking for disc in drive - Russtyb - 23.03.2017 15:17

It's breathing! For anyone with a similar issue it looks like pin 12 on the new chip which the resister solders to had snapped off the chip, Luckily there was enough of the leg left to solder it back. Thanks guys for the advise! Keep up the good work..