DC-SWAT Forum
ChuChu Rocket! Online & Dreamcast ID - Версия для печати

+- DC-SWAT Forum (http://www.dc-swat.ru/forum)
+-- Форум: DreamShell (/forum-3.html)
+--- Форум: General Discussion (/forum-27.html)
+--- Тема: ChuChu Rocket! Online & Dreamcast ID (/thread-3616.html)

ChuChu Rocket! Online & Dreamcast ID - pcwzrd13 - 09.08.2019 02:12

It seems there may be an issue with DreamShell and playing ChuChu Rocket! online. When creating an account in ChuChu Rocket, the account is associated with a unique ID which I believe is stored on the BIOS chip. If you try and log into the same account from a different Dreamcast, it will give you an error. So here's the issue. It seems that with the DreamShell bootloader flashed to the BIOS, this ID changes every time you boot. I've confirmed this with Shuouma who hosts the ChuChu Rocket! server. He noticed that my Dreamcast ID changed from one login attempt to another. This results in a password error if I try and log into the same account again.

Is this something that can be fixed?

RE: ChuChu Rocket! Online & Dreamcast ID - SWAT - 12.08.2019 08:43

Unique ID of Dreamcast is stored in factory settings block of the flashrom chip. It's not in BIOS chip. But incorrected syscall for getting it can make this problem.

RE: ChuChu Rocket! Online & Dreamcast ID - pcwzrd13 - 12.08.2019 15:55

(12.08.2019 08:43)SWAT писал(а):  Unique ID of Dreamcast is stored in factory settings block of the flashrom chip. It's not in BIOS chip. But incorrected syscall for getting it can make this problem.

Oh ok. So it's an issue with the loader then or DreamShell itself?

Edit: The problem appears to be with the 0.6 loader. On 0.7 I get a consistent ID. Unfortunately I can't get the CDDA music with 0.7 but at least I can connect.