DC-SWAT Forum
ISO Loader 0.8.x Beta + preview of DreamShell v4.0 RC 5 - Версия для печати

+- DC-SWAT Forum (http://www.dc-swat.ru/forum)
+-- Форум: DreamShell (/forum-3.html)
+--- Форум: General Discussion (/forum-27.html)
+--- Тема: ISO Loader 0.8.x Beta + preview of DreamShell v4.0 RC 5 (/thread-3986.html)

Страниц: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

RE: ISO Loader 0.8.x Beta + preview of DreamShell v4.0 RC 5 - SWAT - 18.10.2023 09:34

(17.10.2023 17:04)Freudi93 писал(а):  Do you get one in your country? How can i spend you some money? Smile

Yep, $100 without mods.
You can donate with 2 methods only: http://www.dc-swat.ru/page/donate/

RE: ISO Loader 0.8.x Beta + preview of DreamShell v4.0 RC 5 - Freudi93 - 18.10.2023 12:55

OK there is only one Problem: i do not have Crypto currency Sad

RE: ISO Loader 0.8.x Beta + preview of DreamShell v4.0 RC 5 - fafadou - 18.10.2023 13:54

@Swat, boosty is not available ? :
https://boosty.to/dreamshell

RE: ISO Loader 0.8.x Beta + preview of DreamShell v4.0 RC 5 - fafadou - 19.10.2023 00:27

Tonights tests :

Toy commander : no glitches after the intro, but a still distorsion ingame with music. But it's running better Smile

Skies of arcadia : still freeze during intro

Guilty gear and shenmue II : enhancement, still very noisy but you start to ear the music behind the apocalypse Smile I don't if it's possible to improve the pcm speed a new time, they probably should wait the cdda with low level like wince games. If it's possible...

millenium soldier : I let the game running with demos, and after a moment the texture issue come again very few. Like there is a bufferisation somewhere...

Kao the kangaroo : I spend a lot of time on this one :
data DMA cdda DMA : freeze during the second level, some distorsion.
data DMA cdda SQ : freeze during first level, some distorsion.
data PIO sync 8, cdda SQ : freeze during second level, some distorsion.
data PIO sync 8, cdda DMA : the music distorsion is very high sometimes, but the loader resist and the game has no freeze, I can reach the third level and I died there without freeze.
In general the music run better and data too, than the previous loader, it's almost imperceptible but the improvement is here Smile

I'll try homebrews next time, and I don't remember the quake 3 and unreal issue, I don't know what I have to check...

RE: ISO Loader 0.8.x Beta + preview of DreamShell v4.0 RC 5 - SWAT - 19.10.2023 15:49

(18.10.2023 12:55)Freudi93 писал(а):  OK there is only one Problem: i do not have Crypto currency Sad

(18.10.2023 13:54)fafadou писал(а):  @Swat, boosty is not available ? :
https://boosty.to/dreamshell

This is also available.

RE: ISO Loader 0.8.x Beta + preview of DreamShell v4.0 RC 5 - CrisMod - 20.10.2023 06:02

(17.10.2023 15:56)SWAT писал(а):  New build: https://github.com/DC-SWAT/DreamShell/releases/tag/v4.0.0RC5-T29
Just need to check that nothing is broken and that it worked as before.

- New optimized algorithm for separating PCM channels (2x faster).
- New optimized algorithm for SQ mode with separating PCM channels in one process (also saves half of RAM for CDDA buffer).
- Updated KallistiOS to latest.

Now memory usage for CDDA looks like this:
- No IRQ and AICA DMA: 32KB CPU RAM and 32KB SPU RAM.
- No IRQ and SQ: 16KB CPU RAM and 32KB SPU RAM.
- IRQ and AICA DMA: 16KB CPU RAM and 16KB SPU RAM.
- IRQ and SQ: 8KB CPU RAM and 16KB SPU RAM.

For better perfomance should use DMA for both IDE and AICA SPU RAM. Because SQ as a PIO mode wastes CPU time.
But for some games we need to use SQ. And now SQ mode not only wastes CPU time, but also saves memory.
I came close to adding CDDA support to low-level mode. The new PCM splitting algorithm with SQ can be combined with PIO reading and completely eliminate the buffer in the CPU RAM. This will not be very optimal in terms of performance and will not work everywhere, but the main thing is that it will help games such as Looney Tunes.
But to do this, I really still need to fit the CDDA emulation code into the remaining approx 4 kilobytes in low-level mode. I'll leave this challenge for later Smile)

@CrisMod
Looney Tunes works only from 8c004800 address with loader without CDDA.
For this game no free memory for CDDA emulation at all.
At least for current version of the loader.

Thank for another interesting update SWAT!!!!

Currently, I'm in the process of testing nearly 600 titles, and so far, I've managed to discover the working settings for all of them. However, this MFK Looney Tunes game Smile has really left me puzzled. I'll need to give it a shot with your latest updates to see if I can crack it. And the video proof that this title it's working with Dreamshell I cannot see around (as sometimes you can see with other titles), I can see yes some settings and someone that remotely mentioned that it works on Dreamshell RC3.0, but no proof video around, so I will chek more deep about this title.... And your suggestion about the 8c004800 address with loader without CDDA it's completely correct suggestions (thanks for it) and plus I add that this title it needs to be in Boot Mode: IP.BIN..

In the future, I plan to share all my working settings for IDE/SATA with Dreamshell. This way, we can have a variety of settings to contribute to the community and be part of the already excellent work by 'pcwzrd13' and 'dragoncity' in compiling a comprehensive list of working games.

RE: ISO Loader 0.8.x Beta + preview of DreamShell v4.0 RC 5 - fafadou - 20.10.2023 17:29

(20.10.2023 06:02)CrisMod писал(а):  Currently, I'm in the process of testing nearly 600 titles, and so far, I've managed to discover the working settings for all of them. However, this MFK Looney Tunes game Smile has really left me puzzled. ... I can see yes some settings and someone that remotely mentioned that it works on Dreamshell RC3.0, but no proof video around

For me @Swat is aware about "looney toons" specifies, don't worry if he doesn't focus on this game yet.
For me it's "sturmwind" that work with RC3, as a curiosity without cdda, because RC3 doesn't manage cdda.
"Looney toons" run with 0.6.3 and 0.6.11_se, because those are loaders very small, optimised only for data and no low level, and you understand already I guess : no cdda for the moment.

(20.10.2023 06:02)CrisMod писал(а):  In the future, I plan to share all my working settings for IDE/SATA with Dreamshell. This way, we can have a variety of settings to contribute to the community and be part of the already excellent work by 'pcwzrd13' and 'dragoncity' in compiling a comprehensive list of working games.

So you can try "super runabot" and tell if you can run a game with your sata to ide converter like CF do Big Grin
Because I want to be sure your brand is better before buying one.

RE: ISO Loader 0.8.x Beta + preview of DreamShell v4.0 RC 5 - CrisMod - 20.10.2023 18:28

(20.10.2023 17:29)fafadou писал(а):  
(20.10.2023 06:02)CrisMod писал(а):  Currently, I'm in the process of testing nearly 600 titles, and so far, I've managed to discover the working settings for all of them. However, this MFK Looney Tunes game Smile has really left me puzzled. ... I can see yes some settings and someone that remotely mentioned that it works on Dreamshell RC3.0, but no proof video around

For me @Swat is aware about "looney toons" specifies, don't worry if he doesn't focus on this game yet.
For me it's "sturmwind" that work with RC3, as a curiosity without cdda, because RC3 doesn't manage cdda.
"Looney toons" run with 0.6.3 and 0.6.11_se, because those are loaders very small, optimised only for data and no low level, and you understand already I guess : no cdda for the moment.

(20.10.2023 06:02)CrisMod писал(а):  In the future, I plan to share all my working settings for IDE/SATA with Dreamshell. This way, we can have a variety of settings to contribute to the community and be part of the already excellent work by 'pcwzrd13' and 'dragoncity' in compiling a comprehensive list of working games.

So you can try "super runabot" and tell if you can run a game with your sata to ide converter like CF do Big Grin
Because I want to be sure your brand is better before buying one.
Hey @fafadou,

I'm currently testing the entire library of games that start with the letter "R," and I've just uploaded and tested "Super Runabot" for you. I'm pleased to report that Super Runabot is working perfectly based on my initial testing within just a few minutes.

I've conducted tests using two different loaders and settings, as outlined below:
Boot: DIRECT
Memory: 0x8ce00000
DMA: ON
SYNC: TRUE
CDDA: OFF
Loader: 8 (8.bin > 0.7.x_OPT-Only_noCDDA beta 1)

Memory: 0x8c004800
DMA: ON
SYNC: TRUE
Loader: AUTO (Latest Loader from @SWAT 8.29)

I found that the best performance in this game (which I've also recorded a video of) was achieved using the settings from option 2, the latest SWAT Loader.

To back up my findings, I've attached the video for your reference, although I apologize for the camera's angle in the recording.

I've tested it both with Dreamshell IsoLoader and Retrodream (which is functionally the same), and the video was recorded using Retrodream.

Regarding Looney Tunes Space Race, it seems that the issue may lie with the game itself or the OPT/GDI file. Despite numerous attempts, I've only been able to get as far as the SEGA Logo intro before the game getting Black screen otherviese it doesn't boot at all. While some users have reported successful booting with CDI files (many year ago when was Dreamshell RC3), I haven't been able to find anyone who can provide video proof, pictures of their settings, and the GDI/ CDI/ ISO what so ever file. Until I have access to all three of these elements, I remain highly skeptical about the functionality of this game.

Here you can whatch the Video "Super Runabot": https://www.mediafire.com/file/062fdfybm3ivvv3/VID_20231020_214928.mp4/file

RE: ISO Loader 0.8.x Beta + preview of DreamShell v4.0 RC 5 - fafadou - 20.10.2023 20:08

Thanks for testing "super runabout" just for me Smile
I'll try your preset ans i'll do the same with Looney Tunes for you.

Edit : I confirm looney toons work with this loader without cdda memory :
DMA: OFF
SYNC: 8 (but you can try sync 16 and none/true for better loadings but there are already fast)

Skies of arcadia : ok with this loader 8.29 but default memory DMA sync 16 and not true DMA Smile

Xeno Crisis run like a charm too

I try your preset for super runabout, but aven with my compact flash card, I can't reach the step you showed...

Else I can say this loader 8.29 pack is really good !

RE: ISO Loader 0.8.x Beta + preview of DreamShell v4.0 RC 5 - CrisMod - 21.10.2023 04:45

(20.10.2023 20:08)fafadou писал(а):  Thanks for testing "super runabout" just for me Smile
I'll try your preset ans i'll do the same with Looney Tunes for you.

Edit : I confirm looney toons work with this loader without cdda memory :
DMA: OFF
SYNC: 8 (but you can try sync 16 and none/true for better loadings but there are already fast)

Skies of arcadia : ok with this loader 8.29 but default memory DMA sync 16 and not true DMA Smile

Xeno Crisis run like a charm too

I try your preset for super runabout, but aven with my compact flash card, I can't reach the step you showed...

Else I can say this loader 8.29 pack is really good !

Hello fafadou,

Thank you for your input, and I appreciate that you provide your settings for 'Looney Tunes Space Race.'

However, I'd like to kindly suggest something that could benefit all Dreamcast enthusiasts, including myself. 'Looney Tunes Space Race' has been quite a challenge for me, and I'm still unable to get it working despite various attempts and settings.

To help resolve this issue, it would be incredibly beneficial if you could share a video from the ISOLoader settings and the process of booting to the game running with the settings you've provided (as I made for you Smile), which model of Dreamcast are you running the game and which version of the Game (PAL ? USA ?).

Video proof would not only clear up any doubts but also serve as a valuable resource for the community, especially given the inconsistent settings that seem to be circulating. I've noticed that these settings are unlike anything I've encountered with other games, which raises suspicions about whether anyone has genuinely achieved successful gameplay with Dreamshell for this particular game or are circulating the non working gdi images prepared.

I understand that the game's functionality can be affected by factors such as image quality or Dreamshell compatibility. If it's not too much trouble, could you possibly share your image privately or here temporary?
Later I'd be happy to create a video showcasing as well of the game's performance with those settings provided (and others...) for the list that I'm preperaning; as the strange topic of settings it's effected only this game! Wink

RE: ISO Loader 0.8.x Beta + preview of DreamShell v4.0 RC 5 - fafadou - 21.10.2023 15:58

I'm not still able to boot super runabout... Which version do you use ?

I did a video for looney toons, I'll upload it soon. I use the PAL version.

Else other tests :

NBA 2K2 : black screen after intro
revolt : race start :-)
spec ops 2 : we can shoot in game
Ooga booga : black screen echelon hack and normal iso
the flinstones : run well, welcome back Smile
Tomjam and earl 3 : black screen
Virtua cop 2 : black screen Sad didn't have try the low level).

I can play Zia one hour without problem, this homebrew had a lot fo freeze before Smile

In each game with cdda and tmu1 we have distorsion, less true with tmu2, it works better.

RE: ISO Loader 0.8.x Beta + preview of DreamShell v4.0 RC 5 - pcwzrd13 - 22.10.2023 00:31

(17.10.2023 15:56)SWAT писал(а):  New build: https://github.com/DC-SWAT/DreamShell/releases/tag/v4.0.0RC5-T29
Just need to check that nothing is broken and that it worked as before.

Speed Devils is working with this build, SWAT! This is awesome! Only a slight stutter of the music when exiting a race now. No more crashing! Awesome stuff! Big Grin I'll have to do some more testing with this build.

Edit: Test Drive V-Rally doesn't freeze after starting a race anymore! Another one fixed! You're a wizard, SWAT! lol

RE: ISO Loader 0.8.x Beta + preview of DreamShell v4.0 RC 5 - CrisMod - 22.10.2023 06:18

(21.10.2023 15:58)fafadou писал(а):  I'm not still able to boot super runabout... Which version do you use ?

I did a video for looney toons, I'll upload it soon. I use the PAL version.

Else other tests :

NBA 2K2 : black screen after intro
revolt : race start :-)
spec ops 2 : we can shoot in game
Ooga booga : black screen echelon hack and normal iso
the flinstones : run well, welcome back Smile
Tomjam and earl 3 : black screen
Virtua cop 2 : black screen Sad didn't have try the low level).

I can play Zia one hour without problem, this homebrew had a lot fo freeze before Smile

In each game with cdda and tmu1 we have distorsion, less true with tmu2, it works better.

@fafadou, currently I'm testing all the letter "S" of the library, anyway both from my side "NBA 2K2" and "Ooga booga" are running well (if you need I can send the videos). In mean time I share with you my images of both of the titles, please download them from this address "https://we.tl/t-19z5steUj6".
Atteched below there are the pictures settings of both titles.

For "Super Runabout" it's USA image, if you need I will share also this images.

For Tomjam and Virtua cop 2 if you need it, you should wait that I will arrive to those letters for test them and I will let you know.

RE: ISO Loader 0.8.x Beta + preview of DreamShell v4.0 RC 5 - fafadou - 22.10.2023 15:46

Hi Smile

@Crismod : I understand better for super runabout, I 'll try the US version like sega rally 2, there is a difference with PAL and JAP for the boot.

For nka2k2 and ooga booga did you use the last 0.8.29 loader ? if yes I really want a video I'm really curious... Remember nba2k2 has a black screen after intro. Thanks for havng a look at those games.

Here my video for looney toons using 0.8.29 loader :
https://mega.nz/file/gmBBzKwJ#INkKFGBcxirX1vXLjfC2Rokny2KInv0yJUunhhyH7k0

I did a new test of overclock with retrodream and I have the same issue, my dreamcast freeze very quickly.
The dreamshell RC5 runs very well, it's probably my new power supply that generate this issue, I should focus on this again.

RE: ISO Loader 0.8.x Beta + preview of DreamShell v4.0 RC 5 - CrisMod - 22.10.2023 19:39

(22.10.2023 15:46)fafadou писал(а):  Hi Smile

@Crismod : I understand better for super runabout, I 'll try the US version like sega rally 2, there is a difference with PAL and JAP for the boot.

For nka2k2 and ooga booga did you use the last 0.8.29 loader ? if yes I really want a video I'm really curious... Remember nba2k2 has a black screen after intro. Thanks for havng a look at those games.

Here my video for looney toons using 0.8.29 loader :
https://mega.nz/file/gmBBzKwJ#INkKFGBcxirX1vXLjfC2Rokny2KInv0yJUunhhyH7k0

I did a new test of overclock with retrodream and I have the same issue, my dreamcast freeze very quickly.
The dreamshell RC5 runs very well, it's probably my new power supply that generate this issue, I should focus on this again.
Hey @fafadou,

You have no idea how happy I am to see your video. I genuinely appreciate your help because you've cleared up some of my doubts, allowing me to continue with my testing of this game.

I have one last favor to ask: could you please kindly share the Looney Tunes image you used in your video? I'm really eager to compare it with the others I have.

I typically use European GDIs (as you), but there are certain games where you ABSOLUTELY NEED to use the USA versions. Megavolt85 (and others) have done incredible work in this regard in the past. Some games require VGA compatibility patches, or they were released exclusively in certain regions with VGA support. For instance, 'Ooga Booga' is non-VGA in the European version and may result in a black screen for you. There are also titles with BIOS locks (even if you have a region free mod) that need to be patched and rebuilt again for to be optimized GDIs and work with Dreamshell. So, if you have a European game that isn't working, the first step is to check if there's a USA version or a VGA-compatible alternative, or a patched and ri-optimized GDI for Dreamshell.

As for 'NBA 2K2' and 'Ooga Booga,' I initially used the best older settings for these two titles, which is Loader 14.bin > isoldr_v0.6.11_beta_se_noCDDA - Light loader without CDDA and IRQ. Later, I'll give the latest Loader 8.29 a try and see what differences it brings. If you're interested in this latest Loader how they run, please confirm, and I'll post the two videos with latest loader once I'm done.

If you're using RetroDream 3.0 alongside Dreamshell, don't worry, it's not a problem with your console. The issue lies with RetroDream 3.0.

I've discovered that the latest version of RetroDream 3.0, experiences freezing problems due to the introduction of the Video Preview feature. While the program is exceptionally well-written, I've reached out in GitHub to 'Cpasjuste' regarding this matter . The problem seems to stem from the script's imperfect conversion of videos to '.ROQ' format for previews, leading to RetroDream freezing. In fact since I correct all the paramenters of the .roq files, the console it doesn't freeze anymore with RetroDream. I'm working on a Windows software solution that I'll release to the community later. This tool will help organize folders, conduct video conversions with the correct parameters, and more.

So, if you encounter freezing with only RetroDream, it's likely related to video conversions with the wrong parameters (and of course some little adjustment on RetroDream code side). Anyhow, Dreamshell it's not affected by this matter. Wink

RE: ISO Loader 0.8.x Beta + preview of DreamShell v4.0 RC 5 - pcwzrd13 - 22.10.2023 20:48

@CrisMod I've never had an issue with the video previews in RetroDream and I've frequently let them run for long periods of time. Easily over an hour.

Also, FYI, Looney Tunes works fine for me as well using the same settings as fafadou. I've tried both NTSC and PAL images. The PAL image is from here.

RE: ISO Loader 0.8.x Beta + preview of DreamShell v4.0 RC 5 - pcwzrd13 - 22.10.2023 22:26

More testing with v29:

Stunt GP - Improved with this version! The music was skipping badly in previous versions but now it plays ok for the most part. Still some occasional skipping and more distortion than most games but it's better.

Worms World Party - Another improvement! The music still sometimes gets badly distorted after dialing a connection to play online but it no longer freezes. The music distortion seems to fix itself after looping. I haven't yet tested with an actual online game though.

Unreal Tournament - Seems a bit improved? The texture glitches seem less noticeable.

Games tested with no change: 4x4 Evolution, Bust-A-Move 4, Guilty Gear X, Q*bert, Reel Fishing Wild, Vanishing Point, Worms Armageddon, Toy Commander, POD SpeedZone, KISS Psycho Circus, Roadsters, and Sega Rally 2.

RE: ISO Loader 0.8.x Beta + preview of DreamShell v4.0 RC 5 - fafadou - 23.10.2023 02:46

(22.10.2023 19:39)CrisMod писал(а):  As for 'NBA 2K2' and 'Ooga Booga,' I initially used the best older settings for these two titles, which is Loader 14.bin > isoldr_v0.6.11_beta_se_noCDDA - Light loader without CDDA and IRQ. Later, I'll give the latest Loader 8.29 a try and see what differences it brings. If you're interested in this latest Loader how they run, please confirm, and I'll post the two videos with latest loader once I'm done.

If you're using RetroDream 3.0 alongside Dreamshell, don't worry, it's not a problem with your console. The issue lies with RetroDream 3.0.

Thanks for your advices.

As me you can keep preciously this fabulous loader 0.6.11_se a light version optimzed for data transfert, without wince fonction, low level, CSO, etc...
But @Swat is working on a new set of loaders, so you should focus on this than us.

I just used retrodream to try my overclocking, because I played atomiswave with retrodream a while ago with my overclock. There is something strange with retrodream you can take some screenshot, and now with RC5 : it's from loader, don't know which is the best way.
But I prefer use isoloader instead of retrodream since the beginning, it's because retrodream don't read the 0pvr image ingame and if your game name is not in the base you have no picture, and sometimes some games doesn't boot with retrodream, be careful (not sure of my memories but for me resident evil 2 is one of them).
Anyway since RC5 there are some functionality in more and retrodream is out of date.

Edit : ok super runabout run is its US version Big Grin with ssd, and "@dragoncity's" sata to ide converter low cost model.
But not in PAL version, same thing than sega rally 2.

@pcwzrd13 :

(22.10.2023 22:26)pcwzrd13 писал(а):  More testing with v29:
Unreal Tournament - Seems a bit improved? The texture glitches seem less noticeable.

I notice the same thing with millenium soldier, you can play with the sync, in order to trying to delete the glitches too.
I could cancel them, even if they could appear again if you play a long moment.

For toy commander, I had some glitches after intro when toys shoot on the main title, and some in game, now everything run really better with 0.8.29, just some little distorsion on cdda as you mentioned.

RE: ISO Loader 0.8.x Beta + preview of DreamShell v4.0 RC 5 - CrisMod - 23.10.2023 07:07

(22.10.2023 22:26)pcwzrd13 писал(а):  @CrisMod I've never had an issue with the video previews in RetroDream and I've frequently let them run for long periods of time. Easily over an hour.

Also, FYI, Looney Tunes works fine for me as well using the same settings as fafadou. I've tried both NTSC and PAL images. The PAL image is from here.

Thank you @pcwzrd13 for the link I will try later also this image.

Inherent to RetroDream, I don't have freeze problems, I was just giving and sharing an idea to @fafadou of what I have experienced in the past and what happens in the background of RetroDream in terms of code IF the conversion of ".roq" files with ffmpeg does not work successful outcome with the right parameters.

So in this case it doesn't matter how many hours you are playng the video, but it's merely a topic of with which paramenters ".roq" files RetroDream 3.0 perform without problems, and Cpasjuste chose to utilize '.roq' library extensions in combination with RetroDream for a specific purpose. When the right parameters are applied, it functions seamlessly. However, if the video falls outside the specified parameters (during the convertion), RetroDream may encounter issues.

Since I like to delve into and discuss the technical aspect and try to help or just give an idea to the people to not stop to say that it works for me and for others it doesn't.

(23.10.2023 02:46)fafadou писал(а):  
(22.10.2023 19:39)CrisMod писал(а):  As for 'NBA 2K2' and 'Ooga Booga,' I initially used the best older settings for these two titles, which is Loader 14.bin > isoldr_v0.6.11_beta_se_noCDDA - Light loader without CDDA and IRQ. Later, I'll give the latest Loader 8.29 a try and see what differences it brings. If you're interested in this latest Loader how they run, please confirm, and I'll post the two videos with latest loader once I'm done.

Thanks for your advices.

As me you can keep preciously this fabulous loader 0.6.11_se a light version optimzed for data transfert, without wince fonction, low level, CSO, etc...
But @Swat is working on a new set of loaders, so you should focus on this than us.

I just used retrodream to try my overclocking, because I played atomiswave with retrodream a while ago with my overclock. There is something strange with retrodream you can take some screenshot, and now with RC5 : it's from loader, don't know which is the best way.
But I prefer use isoloader instead of retrodream since the beginning, it's because retrodream don't read the 0pvr image ingame and if your game name is not in the base you have no picture, and sometimes some games doesn't boot with retrodream, be careful (not sure of my memories but for me resident evil 2 is one of them).
Anyway since RC5 there are some functionality in more and retrodream is out of date.

Edit : ok super runabout run is its US version Big Grin with ssd, and "@dragoncity's" sata to ide converter low cost model.
But not in PAL version, same thing than sega rally 2.

@pcwzrd13 :

(22.10.2023 22:26)pcwzrd13 писал(а):  More testing with v29:

I notice the same thing with millenium soldier, you can play with the sync, in order to trying to delete the glitches too.
I could cancel them, even if they could appear again if you play a long moment.

For toy commander, I had some glitches after intro when toys shoot on the main title, and some in game, now everything run really better with 0.8.29, just some little distorsion on cdda as you mentioned.

@fafadou, about 'NBA 2K2' and 'Ooga Booga' with the latest Loader (8.29) I have the same problems as you:
NBA 2K2: black screen after intro.
Ooga booga: black screen echelon hack (don't boot at all).

To be clear about, the problems it's not about the Region, so I wanna say in my case I'm using the VGA (I believe as you) and if I want the game to perform in VGA, I MUST to use the petched version or the USA version that use by default the future. BUT if want use the composite with some EU region that doesn't support the VGA, the game it will perform the same as the VGA.

For the rest, what I'm doing is testing the entire Dreamcast library with IsoLoader/Dreamshell, and then once I've found the parameters with the type of hardware that I'm using, I'll also test the boot and ingame on RetroDream.
After that, if the game starts and ingame there are no problems with the latest IsoLoader 8.x, I leave it, BUT if as in the cases of 'NBA 2K2' and 'Ooga Booga' the latest Loader has problems I leave the paramenters tests with Old loaders.

What is certain is that the Looney Tunes situation in my case is truly singular, because it would be just one game out of a library of over 600 titles that work with Dreamshell (for now over five hundred and something, because I have reached the letter "S"). I have to find where the problem is and I'll do it last, for now I'll concentrate on finishing the working list. Maybe @dragoncity can give me some idea, as he has a lot of experience on different hardware installation.

"Therefore, the list I've compiled is tailored to the hardware combination that I personally use. For anyone using this same setup, they'll already have the pre-configured parameters readily available. So, in this context, my contribution serves as an additional resource."

RE: ISO Loader 0.8.x Beta + preview of DreamShell v4.0 RC 5 - SWAT - 23.10.2023 10:45

So much good news.
Time to release this version of the iso loader is closer?
I improved the SPI speed for SD card by ~5% and don’t want to touch CDDA anymore for now, so as not to break anything.
I tried Quake 3 with RAW CDDA on SD card with last improvements for PCM separation and SPI, it's run's not bad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZYoxEv37Y0
But of course ADPCM still works better for SD.

BTW, rainbow screen happens and on SD too in this game, so it's not an IDE issue.
But I still don’t understand what the reason is.

(22.10.2023 22:26)pcwzrd13 писал(а):  Vanishing Point

Hmm this game works in RC3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr4swy_rzM0
The problem is obviously somewhere at the very beginning of execution. Looks like bad hardware state.

(20.10.2023 17:29)fafadou писал(а):  For me it's "sturmwind" that work with RC3, as a curiosity without cdda, because RC3 doesn't manage cdda.

DS RC3 support CDDA.