DC-SWAT Forum
Border Down black screen - Версия для печати

+- DC-SWAT Forum (http://www.dc-swat.ru/forum)
+-- Форум: Sega Dreamcast (/forum-2.html)
+--- Форум: English section (/forum-29.html)
+--- Тема: Border Down black screen (/thread-2491.html)

Border Down black screen - zal16 - 03.10.2016 23:55

I'm just trying to boot Border Down on Dreamshell. I tryed using CDI (worked on disc), ISO (derived of the above CDI) and a optimized GDI with and without DMA, but nothing happensAngry

How to made this game workable?Huh

edit: I'm using the latest version of DS

RE: Border Down black screen - SWAT - 05.10.2016 08:14

Border Down can be worked only with true async DMA (with optimized GDI or ISO) and only from HDD, because it's seems use MMU (it's not a WinCE of course, just KATANA with MMU).

RE: Border Down black screen - zal16 - 07.10.2016 21:36

I tried on this manner, but not works. :/
I use only a HDD and only optimized GDIs.

A side question: Now on RC4, it's necessary to convert the RAW CDDA tracks to ADPCM for optimized GDIs?

The programs "raw2adpcm_ffmpeg" and "raw2adpcm_g723" no working on my GDIs

RE: Border Down black screen - SWAT - 08.10.2016 10:47

Seems Border Down has some problems. I checked it but I do not remember the result.
For HDD never had to convert the RAW tracks, it is only for SD.

RE: Border Down black screen - Ro Magnus Larsson - 17.08.2020 04:52

I am having the same problem with Border Down in HDD IDE: I have a NTSC Dreamcast and I tested many versions of the games 1.000 and 2.000, Only a 1.000 version works with the screen downed (a PAL game?) the others the best they run is a "Now loading" green eternal words in a black screen.
presets I tried are: Standard, and 8xCE00000, no DMA, no CDDA, in CDI, in GDI OPT, IN ISO but if it starts is only with the screen half down.

RE: Border Down black screen - fafadou - 17.08.2020 15:15

Did you have try 0.7.x beta 1 loader ?

RE: Border Down black screen - Ro Magnus Larsson - 23.08.2020 11:16

(17.08.2020 15:15)fafadou писал(а):  Did you have try 0.7.x beta 1 loader ?

Yes, 0.7 beta 1/8 loader in RD, I continued to try to make it work this excelent game.I have the RetroDream "Operation system" could be that the problem?. I could made it work in my Dreamcast NTSC with this OS but only with screen downed (only can watch the half part of the screen as PAL versions), what more can I try ? There is another version?