Создать ответ 

Рейтинг темы:
  • Голосов: 1 - Средняя оценка: 5
Just bought the new SD Adapter from China!
Автор Сообщение
Dingo Не на форуме
Новичок

Рейтинг: 0
Сказал спасибо: 0
Поблагодарили 0 раз(а) в 0 сообщ.
RE: Just bought the new SD Adapter from China!
(10.02.2011 04:49)DJ VECTORMAN писал(а):  Why are you guys getting emotional over me typing facts?

I think people are getting 'emotional' as you put it (I don't see it that way) because your supposed 'facts' aren't really accurate.

Many of them are clearly assumptions made by a person who has no experience using the SDcard, and doesn't clearly understand it's purpose. People have tried to explain it to you but you won't relent in your inaccurate preconceptions of the device and what it's intended use is.

Цитата:I think the sd adapter is a great idea. And its cheap. The potiential is there...theres a emu called GenDC2006 im hoping that will work when i order it...I never said anything bad about it, just facts.

Actually you have been very negative about it's ability to run commercial games (something it was never intended to do in the first place.) I seem to recall you posting "It only runs 2 commercial games and won't run home-brew". These are certainly -NOT- facts. in this very post I am quoting you are about to mock the cards 'abilities' as you understand (though incorrectly) them in a very condescending way. If that's not being 'negative' then I guess the dictionary is wrong.

Цитата:However only 8 out of 200 games play perfect ppff, alot of people like to play commercial games if there gd rom screwed...
It wasn't intended to run commercial games. That it is able to play any at all is an incredible bonus. Besides, If you want to run a commercial game then simply insert the gd-rom or the cd. Simple as that. I fail to see the problem here.

Цитата:It cant play homebrews, ppff c mon...
Have you tried any personally? I can tell you for a fact that it does run homebrews. and new homebrews are in the works to take further advantage of the card. The code libraries for even accessing the card haven't even been available on the scene for year yet.

I can tell you one thing.. it certainly makes testing new homebrew easier. You don't need a BBA or coders cable, or to waste countless CD-r's

Цитата:You must change bin or readme bin file names for some of those games to work, ppff...
I don't know where you are getting this from. What is "readme bin"? The only thing one has to change is if the binary is not named 1st_read.bin... You act like it is a struggle to change a file name... It stupidly easy to change the name of a file.

Цитата:You need to burn dreamshell boot which people are confused about, ppff...
It's no different than burning any other disc for DC. I don't understand why there would be any confusion. As you can see from this very forum, plenty of people have had no problem accomplishing this simple, well documented task. If you have problems, there are countless how-tos on burning DC games to CD-R. Burning Dreamshell is no different and I fail to see what gave you the impression that it was.

Цитата:Info here and on dc emu is very vague so im glad ant said a tutorial being made for dshell rip process, why rename bin, with new dshell links, game links, etc in that thread then.
I can't comprehend what you are trying to say here.... Sorry. I can tell you that the only reason you have to rename anything is if the game you have ripped from a GD-Rom has a main executable that is called somethign other than 1ST_READ.BIN. I suspect this is only an effect of the extreme beta stage of sdiso (the program used to load iso game images from within dreamshell). It not meant to be feature-full at this point. Just a proof of concept. I would imagine that this renaming won't be necessary in the the future. I could be wrong though. Still it's hardly a drawback to have to simply change the name of a file. It literally takes 2 seconds to do that.

Цитата:Info is only on couple forums, on internet i saw almost no sd info so it was like sd card can do it all even read pc info since windows ce in dc, hence my kega question, but final research shows it plays 8 dc games perfect and emulators. Thats it.
Yeah... it's new, of course there isn't much info on it. I's just emerging right now and is still under development. There is plenty of information right here on this site. It had all the info I needed to not only build my SD adapter, but get dreamshell working without any hitches, even if Google translator does present the information in somewhat 'broken' English.

Цитата:Im posting this so other online will see the facts, im not knocking it.
How can you post the facts when you both clearly don't have them ,and also have claimed you can't find them anywhere? Confused

Цитата:Want to help me...find me a neo4ALL geo cartridge dc emu with fatal fury 1, a dreamsnes emu with only euro games, and mame4all with games that play on dc...LINKS SO I CAN D/L AND RIP INSTRUCTIONS.

All of this is easily findable and obtainable from Google searches. The best place (i've found) to download DC games is Dcisozone.com. There is currently a movement to begin supplying the SDcard community with iso files that have been explicitly created for Dreamshell. All I can't say is be patient. As for your specific requests, I haven't been able to get mame4all to work but I've read that other 'mame' ports do.

I haven't tried dreamsnes because it isn't really great at emulating anything in the first place. I can promise you that Dreamsnes's rom menu will work better even without the list file you could create, due to the SD card having no 'seek' time or read errors due to a dirty laser or scratched disc.

I don't know if there is one with fatal fury floating around yet, but I do know that neo4all does work from the sd card, and there a many single game iso out there at this point. Check the sticky thread h FTP provided there has many neo4all titles that you would simply download to your SD card and play with no effort on your part (which seems to be your desire).

Цитата:Is there any dos ports games like alone in the dark pc that runs on dc? If so do they run on SD?
Several years ago there was an attempt at porting dosbox(a DOS emulator) to the DC. I have it on my SD card right now. It boots and runs exactly as it would if it was loaded from a CD Unfortunately, the dreamcast hardware is a bit underpowered for that particular emulator and it hasn't been developed any further for over half a decade. It does run some games slowly, but I seriously doubt this emulator could handle 'alone in the dark' (BTW the SD card has been invaluable to me to tinker with this as it allows me to modify the config files without having to re-burn a new CD. Simply change the file on the SD card and try a new config).

Then there is scummVM... This is an interpreter for lucasarts games that use the scumm engine. Games like "The Dig", "Fate of Atlantis", "Monkey Island", ect. These all run perfectly for me from the SD card using scummVM.

Цитата:This forum needs to get organized and start having links in threads and etc...thx for reading.
Calm down... The information you need is out there. Most of it is right here on this site. You just have to do a little research on your own, as you always would with newly emerging technologies. I'm sure there will be places for you to have all the information spoon-fed to you in the future, but that isn't the focus of this community right now. Be patient. This SD-card thing is in it's infancy. It's also not a commercial product so this site has no obligation to provide anyone with any information at all. Be happy that you have what you have without having to pay for anything.
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 28.02.2011 в 00:51, отредактировал пользователь Dingo.)
28.02.2011 00:42
Найти все сообщения Цитировать это сообщение
Создать ответ 

Сообщения в этой теме
RE: Just bought the new SD Adapter from China! - Dingo - 28.02.2011 00:42