SQRXZ distributed in DreamShell's ISO format
Автор Сообщение
TuxTheWise Не на форуме
Пользователь

Рейтинг: 1
Сказал спасибо: 1
Поблагодарили 4 раз(а) в 4 сообщ.
SQRXZ distributed in DreamShell's ISO format
SQRXZ is the first homebrew officially distributed in an ISO to DreamShell (as far as I know). Here's the info taken from its website:
Цитата:Sqrxz requires fast reflexes and is a simply mindblasting Jump’n'Run puzzle game with high frustration factor originally made in 1996 by Marcus Vesterlund (Maze) and John Holmvall (Hojo) for DOS and Windows 9x.

Sqrxz (2010) is a remake of a game with the same name and has been created by Rodolphe Boixel (Thor), Shahzad Sahaib (Kojote), Simon Butler and Brendan Ratliff (Syphus). Minor support came from Marcus Vesterlund himself who also gave permission to redo his game. Denny Müller (Mulle) supported the team with a WordPress-Theme for the official page and Rabia Sahaib (Mahek) made three more levels.

A remake should be usually bearing improvements, so does Sqrxz 2010. Beside the “classic” graphic mode, there is a new mode with “deluxe” graphics. The main gameplay has modified in a way that you need to collect all items to open the door at the end of each level, which makes some levels harder than they actually already were. Extended “fun” is guarantueed with additional three levels, unseen before. Each level does have it’s own chiptune and adds up to the retro feeling. A Top 10 highscore table will hold all your records. For the ones who like hidden features, there is even a small easter egg!

Sqrxz uses code of the following Open-Source projects in an unmodified form: SDL, SDL_Mixer, libmodplug and zlib - you can get the source code of the mentioned libraries by visiting the respective homepage, as we do use the official standard versions. The use of those libraries is also promoted with a screen “ingame”. If anyone wants to have the object files, feel free to ask.

Features:

* Hardly any game will annoy you more! Frustration deluxe ahead!
* Amiga’ish feeling!
* 16 Levels including a “beginners” level
* 18 Chiptunes
* Classic AND new graphic mode
* Top 10 highscore
* Endless continue mode
* Hidden easter egg

and some live action:

You can download it on its official website: http://www.sqrxz.de and have a lot of fun for just a couple of megabytes.

My personal opinion: addicting, cool and hard. Grab it now!
09.09.2010 23:57
Найти все сообщения Цитировать это сообщение
neon Не на форуме
Пользователь

Рейтинг: 0
Сказал спасибо: 0
Поблагодарили 7 раз(а) в 6 сообщ.
RE: SQRXZ distributed in DreamShell's ISO format
I confirm. You can simply download iso file and copy it on sd card. It works both with DreamShell 4.0.0 Beta 3 and Beta 4.

I played Dreamcast version and Linux version. On Dreamcast it's much easier to play using pad, than on Linux with keyboard. But I noticed that screen scrolling in Dreamcast version is much slower, and there is some kind of bug. Sometimes screen scrolling lose a frames witch may result a life lose.

The only thing that I want is level codes support. Like in Giana's Return.

BTW. There is so many games on GPL license for Linux. For example Alex The Alligator 4 or world war vi. Why they aren't ported on Dreamcast?
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 17.09.2010 в 21:37, отредактировал пользователь neon.)
17.09.2010 21:34
TuxTheWise Не на форуме
Пользователь

Рейтинг: 1
Сказал спасибо: 1
Поблагодарили 4 раз(а) в 4 сообщ.
RE: SQRXZ distributed in DreamShell's ISO format
(17.09.2010 21:34)neon писал(а):  Sometimes screen scrolling lose a frames witch may result a life lose.

It's a known bug by developers. Apparently this only happens with the DC port, and the reason is still unknown. They're interested in a test case if you can find one, I'm pretty sure that's the first step to solve the problem.

(17.09.2010 21:34)neon писал(а):  BTW. There is so many games on GPL license for Linux. For example Alex The Alligator 4 or world war vi. Why they aren't ported on Dreamcast?

Source code is necessary to port a game to Dreamcast, but not enough. You can't just compile the game for the system you choose, you need a lot of work to adapt it for the new system.
19.09.2010 20:54
Создать ответ