PSU worries
Автор Сообщение
FNHack Не на форуме
Новичок

Рейтинг: 0
Сказал спасибо: 6
Поблагодарили 0 раз(а) в 0 сообщ.
PSU worries
I'm having some concerns about powering a HDD from the dreamcast. After some searching I found this post from member ozone...

“btw, it’s probably not a good idea to run a big HDD on the poor DC power supply.
It struggles slightly to spin up (fan slows down for a second), and will probably kill the PSU eventually.
I’m running the 80GB from the DC PSU atm, but it’s worth mentioning that it could damage something in the long run”.

Does this include 2.5" drives using the 44 wire cable or is the concern just towards running a 3.5" 12v drive directly to the psu?

Any help would be great, thanks for you're time.
11.10.2014 19:36
Найти все сообщения Цитировать это сообщение
SWAT Не на форуме
Администратор

Рейтинг: 30
Сказал спасибо: 130
Поблагодарили 1168 раз(а) в 726 сообщ.
RE: PSU worries
If you want use both devices on IDE interface, I recommended in any case use separated PSU. If you have BIOS mod and you not use GD drive (or only motherboard) I think you can connect 2.5" HDD to DC PSU. But not 3.5". For it need detach GD drive fully and monitoring PSU temp, because I do not know how it will behave.
I use DC PSU for CF and external PSU for 3.5" HDD.

[Изображение: barbers.png]
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 13.10.2014 в 08:53, отредактировал пользователь SWAT.)
13.10.2014 08:52
Вебсайт Найти все сообщения Цитировать это сообщение
 Сказали спасибо: FNHack
FNHack Не на форуме
Новичок

Рейтинг: 0
Сказал спасибо: 6
Поблагодарили 0 раз(а) в 0 сообщ.
RE: PSU worries
(13.10.2014 08:52)SWAT писал(а):  If you want use both devices on IDE interface, I recommended in any case use separated PSU. If you have BIOS mod and you not use GD drive (or only motherboard) I think you can connect 2.5" HDD to DC PSU. But not 3.5". For it need detach GD drive fully and monitoring PSU temp, because I do not know how it will behave.
I use DC PSU for CF and external PSU for 3.5" HDD.

Thanks for the response. This really helped me out. I've been worried about pulling that much power from the DC's psu.

Thanks for all the work that you are doing by the way. I've had a lot of fun doing this mod.
14.10.2014 00:54
Найти все сообщения Цитировать это сообщение
Создать ответ 

Переход:

Пользователи просматривают эту тему: 1 Гость(ей)