Автор Сообщение
aykiri1 Не на форуме
Пользователь

Рейтинг: 1
Сказал спасибо: 6
Поблагодарили 29 раз(а) в 16 сообщ.
which one is better sd or ide
Hi all

i have moded HDD (now ide but will be sata)
when i want to load games with iso loader crashing or clack screen..

iso loader settings what i must select ? emulation ,memory adress,IP.BIN, etc...
i need a guide for that
example: 18 wheller game is working . i saw settings from aldair's video
neogeo emulator not working (but cd version is working)

which extention is better one (iso,gdi or cdi) and must convert to each other ?
i converted some games from mega pack
b.r
16.12.2016 17:15
Найти все сообщения Цитировать это сообщение
megavolt85 Не на форуме
Супермодератор

Рейтинг: 37
Сказал спасибо: 179
Поблагодарили 1510 раз(а) в 893 сообщ.
RE: which one is better sd or ide
(16.12.2016 17:15)aykiri1 писал(а):  iso loader settings what i must select ? emulation ,memory adress,IP.BIN, etc...

Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List

(16.12.2016 17:15)aykiri1 писал(а):  neogeo emulator not working (but cd version is working)

neo4all

(16.12.2016 17:15)aykiri1 писал(а):  which extention is better one (iso,gdi or cdi) and must convert to each other ?

optimized gdi

HKT-3030, Bios mod, SD mod, VGA internal mod, G1ATA mod, Region changer mod, PSU mod
16.12.2016 18:17
aykiri1 Не на форуме
Пользователь

Рейтинг: 1
Сказал спасибо: 6
Поблагодарили 29 раз(а) в 16 сообщ.
(16.12.2016 18:17)megavolt85 писал(а):  
(16.12.2016 17:15)aykiri1 писал(а):  iso loader settings what i must select ? emulation ,memory adress,IP.BIN, etc...

Dreamcast GDI Compatibility List

(16.12.2016 17:15)aykiri1 писал(а):  neogeo emulator not working (but cd version is working)

neo4all

(16.12.2016 17:15)aykiri1 писал(а):  which extention is better one (iso,gdi or cdi) and must convert to each other ?

optimized gdi

thx @megavolt85
sd or hdd which one is better for games ? hdd faster than sd but any other important difference option between them ?
16.12.2016 20:00
megavolt85 Не на форуме
Супермодератор

Рейтинг: 37
Сказал спасибо: 179
Поблагодарили 1510 раз(а) в 893 сообщ.
hdd better for games
- sd long loading
- sd freze video
- sd don't work wince games and KATANA games with MMU

HKT-3030, Bios mod, SD mod, VGA internal mod, G1ATA mod, Region changer mod, PSU mod
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 16.12.2016 в 20:08, отредактировал пользователь megavolt85.)
16.12.2016 20:07
 Сказали спасибо: aykiri1
shwoaps Не на форуме
Пользователь

Рейтинг: 0
Сказал спасибо: 32
Поблагодарили 4 раз(а) в 3 сообщ.
Well, it really depends.
First thing, are you doing this mod yourself? SD mod is wayyyyy easier to do for inexperienced person, and for experienced too.
And if done properly, with good 8gb(this is optimal size for speed) 10class sandisc SD, formated with 64kb cluster, you really can play many games enjoyably. Video will shutter but, oh well.
It's easy to remove, easy to manage saves, it's really useful for me, even thought i have ide hdd mod.

My suggestion, if you are doing mod by yourself, do sd mod, then hdd. If you asking/paying someone else to do it, get hdd mod.
06.02.2017 20:31
shwoaps Не на форуме
Пользователь

Рейтинг: 0
Сказал спасибо: 32
Поблагодарили 4 раз(а) в 3 сообщ.
More thoughts. If you will be using compact flash, it's as convenient as sd. That is, it's really easy to remove/insert card, add more games, take out saves. And believe me, it's really important, it takes so much time and effort to add new games to my hdd, that i just don't. I do all quick adhoc testing, on sd. You know, when you have that itch to test something new.

Taking saves is really important. For me, if i'm dumping saves one by one from vmu to sd, or hdd, after few times, ds breaks up (all versions, but older ones can dump more saves before breaking). And it does not matter what application you are using for save management.
Sometimes damages file system. That way you loose all saves from sd or hdd and need to reformat everything, and put games again. Had that many times. Fortunately saves that are in vmu are not damaged.
The best way is to dump all vmu to one big bin(Ds have command for it), put SD to your pc and manage saves there, then write back big bin to vmu. That way DS *never* hangup for me.
Again, if you don't have sd or compact flash - you are screwed. I can't imagine myself removing hdd to take out saves each few days.

But, ide hdd is the best medium for speed.
For example in DragonCity compatibility list(he is using sata(no ide) hdd and compact flash), there is a lot of games where videos are lagging, and none video is lagging on my 2.5 hdd ide.
(4rc3, 4rc4, 4rc4git)

And for example in his list, Shenmue2 is running only with *sync2 no dma*, on my ide hdd it's running full throtle (*true dma*) swat in one thread confirmed that. What difference you ask? Huge. Everything loads instantly with true dma. With sync2 i would not play Shenmue2.
There is other thing, maybe DragonCity used 4rc4 from official download page. I'm using 4rc4 git build. And with Shenmue2, i can confirm that official 4rc4 worked only with sync2. Who knows, DragonCity didn't write version of DS that he used(4rc4 yes, but which? git, official?).

There is another big problem. Unfortunately we don't have *good* compatibility list, people still don't understand how it's important to write *all* testing info, ide, sata, compact flash compatibility differs. Pal, usa, jpn console differs. 4rc3, 4rc4, 4rc4gitv1,4rc4gitv2...,Everything is really important. Sure, some games will run identically on all regions, on all mediums, but there are a lot that don't.

Dark Hayabusa compatibility was really good for usa console, there where quite a lot of games, that had different settings on my pal, but still, it was good reference. But he *mashed up 4rc3 and 4rc4 results*! That's really bad. If he had written that those games are tested and run on 4rc3, and others run and tested on 4rc4 it would be fine. But now, all games are supposedly running on 4rc4 with that settings, and that's not true.

With current information, i think that best solution is sd mod for quick testing, and save management, plus ide hdd for best speed and experience.

Compact flash really looked promising, but after DragonCity compatibility list, it isn't.
I'm using 2.5 ide hdd, soon will get ide2usb converter. Maybe then sd will not be so necessary. Still, for saves SD is must have.
06.02.2017 22:48
Создать ответ 

Переход:

Пользователи просматривают эту тему: 1 Гость(ей)