Создать ответ 

Рейтинг темы:
  • Голосов: 0 - Средняя оценка: 0
Improve Disc Drive Compatibilty for Dremashell 4 RC4 CDI with dummy file.
Автор Сообщение
caristizabalm Не на форуме
Новичок

Рейтинг: 0
Сказал спасибо: 0
Поблагодарили 0 раз(а) в 0 сообщ.
Improve Disc Drive Compatibilty for Dremashell 4 RC4 CDI with dummy file.
[size=medium]Hi guys!
I start this thread cause I 've been having issues trying to burn dreamshell 4 rc4.

I downloaded DReamshell 4 rc4 from swat's web.
Burned it with Discjuggler at 4x to 8x speed in tdk, verbatim, huskee...
none of those discs worked. Wont boot at start, nor from the menu.
Dreamcast Drive and lens reads cd-r based games fine, no stuttering, or lag, or reset issues, or non working games.
I have no retail GDrom Discs to test.
I have a samsung drive. Console is HKT 3020 1 NTSC made in china.

I tried downloading and burning older revisions to see what happened and after burning unsuccessfully different older versions etc... I stumbled into this copy of Dreamshell RC 1 (Link at the end) from the iso zone, this one has a dummy file added to improve compatibility as it says in the site's description and this worked with my dreamcast fine. I also tested every cdi image in nulldc and demul before burning and they all work fine on pc emulators.
Now i would like to know how to burn my own copy of RC 4 with the dummy file added, or if someone has already done that and wants to share a link... I bought my first dreamcast just a couple of weeks ago, never had one, or played one. But I don't want to use de Gdrom unit, I don't think i will play on it anyway not unless I cant figure out how to boot dreamshell Rc 4. Dreamcast library is not so big, specially horror games.. its perfect to mod it with the hdd. Ad from what I have read its better to play a full Dcres than a 700mb 80min ripped copy a diy Sd adapter, but to make the ide hdd mod first I need to know at least the disc is working fine. Don't want to start buggering the pot or touching nothing inside cause everything is fine.
I also fount that some hombrew games below 50mb with no dummy wot boot.

Dreamshell 4 Rc 1 cdi + dummy the iso zone:
http://theisozone.com/downloads/dreamcas...1-by-swat/
tinnitusdiscos@hotmail.com
Thank you for your time!
05.06.2016 16:13
Найти все сообщения Цитировать это сообщение
Создать ответ 

Сообщения в этой теме
Improve Disc Drive Compatibilty for Dremashell 4 RC4 CDI with dummy file. - caristizabalm - 05.06.2016 16:13