ISO Loader 0.8.x Beta + preview of DreamShell v4.0 RC 5
Автор Сообщение
CrisMod Не на форуме
Пользователь

Рейтинг: 0
Сказал спасибо: 51
Поблагодарили 25 раз(а) в 19 сообщ.
RE: ISO Loader 0.8.x Beta + preview of DreamShell v4.0 RC 5
(22.10.2023 22:26)pcwzrd13 писал(а):  @CrisMod I've never had an issue with the video previews in RetroDream and I've frequently let them run for long periods of time. Easily over an hour.

Also, FYI, Looney Tunes works fine for me as well using the same settings as fafadou. I've tried both NTSC and PAL images. The PAL image is from here.

Thank you @pcwzrd13 for the link I will try later also this image.

Inherent to RetroDream, I don't have freeze problems, I was just giving and sharing an idea to @fafadou of what I have experienced in the past and what happens in the background of RetroDream in terms of code IF the conversion of ".roq" files with ffmpeg does not work successful outcome with the right parameters.

So in this case it doesn't matter how many hours you are playng the video, but it's merely a topic of with which paramenters ".roq" files RetroDream 3.0 perform without problems, and Cpasjuste chose to utilize '.roq' library extensions in combination with RetroDream for a specific purpose. When the right parameters are applied, it functions seamlessly. However, if the video falls outside the specified parameters (during the convertion), RetroDream may encounter issues.

Since I like to delve into and discuss the technical aspect and try to help or just give an idea to the people to not stop to say that it works for me and for others it doesn't.

(23.10.2023 02:46)fafadou писал(а):  
(22.10.2023 19:39)CrisMod писал(а):  As for 'NBA 2K2' and 'Ooga Booga,' I initially used the best older settings for these two titles, which is Loader 14.bin > isoldr_v0.6.11_beta_se_noCDDA - Light loader without CDDA and IRQ. Later, I'll give the latest Loader 8.29 a try and see what differences it brings. If you're interested in this latest Loader how they run, please confirm, and I'll post the two videos with latest loader once I'm done.

If you're using RetroDream 3.0 alongside Dreamshell, don't worry, it's not a problem with your console. The issue lies with RetroDream 3.0.

Thanks for your advices.

As me you can keep preciously this fabulous loader 0.6.11_se a light version optimzed for data transfert, without wince fonction, low level, CSO, etc...
But @Swat is working on a new set of loaders, so you should focus on this than us.

I just used retrodream to try my overclocking, because I played atomiswave with retrodream a while ago with my overclock. There is something strange with retrodream you can take some screenshot, and now with RC5 : it's from loader, don't know which is the best way.
But I prefer use isoloader instead of retrodream since the beginning, it's because retrodream don't read the 0pvr image ingame and if your game name is not in the base you have no picture, and sometimes some games doesn't boot with retrodream, be careful (not sure of my memories but for me resident evil 2 is one of them).
Anyway since RC5 there are some functionality in more and retrodream is out of date.

Edit : ok super runabout run is its US version Big Grin with ssd, and "@dragoncity's" sata to ide converter low cost model.
But not in PAL version, same thing than sega rally 2.

@pcwzrd13 :

(22.10.2023 22:26)pcwzrd13 писал(а):  More testing with v29:
Unreal Tournament - Seems a bit improved? The texture glitches seem less noticeable.

I notice the same thing with millenium soldier, you can play with the sync, in order to trying to delete the glitches too.
I could cancel them, even if they could appear again if you play a long moment.

For toy commander, I had some glitches after intro when toys shoot on the main title, and some in game, now everything run really better with 0.8.29, just some little distorsion on cdda as you mentioned.

@fafadou, about 'NBA 2K2' and 'Ooga Booga' with the latest Loader (8.29) I have the same problems as you:
NBA 2K2: black screen after intro.
Ooga booga: black screen echelon hack (don't boot at all).

To be clear about, the problems it's not about the Region, so I wanna say in my case I'm using the VGA (I believe as you) and if I want the game to perform in VGA, I MUST to use the petched version or the USA version that use by default the future. BUT if want use the composite with some EU region that doesn't support the VGA, the game it will perform the same as the VGA.

For the rest, what I'm doing is testing the entire Dreamcast library with IsoLoader/Dreamshell, and then once I've found the parameters with the type of hardware that I'm using, I'll also test the boot and ingame on RetroDream.
After that, if the game starts and ingame there are no problems with the latest IsoLoader 8.x, I leave it, BUT if as in the cases of 'NBA 2K2' and 'Ooga Booga' the latest Loader has problems I leave the paramenters tests with Old loaders.

What is certain is that the Looney Tunes situation in my case is truly singular, because it would be just one game out of a library of over 600 titles that work with Dreamshell (for now over five hundred and something, because I have reached the letter "S"). I have to find where the problem is and I'll do it last, for now I'll concentrate on finishing the working list. Maybe @dragoncity can give me some idea, as he has a lot of experience on different hardware installation.

"Therefore, the list I've compiled is tailored to the hardware combination that I personally use. For anyone using this same setup, they'll already have the pre-configured parameters readily available. So, in this context, my contribution serves as an additional resource."
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 23.10.2023 в 08:18, отредактировал пользователь CrisMod.)
23.10.2023 07:07
Найти все сообщения
 Сказали спасибо: SWAT , fafadou
Тема закрыта 

Сообщения в этой теме
RE: ISO Loader 0.8.x Beta + preview of DreamShell v4.0 RC 5 - CrisMod - 23.10.2023 07:07