new & need some fenix help
Автор Сообщение
DoctorNicholas Не на форуме
Пользователь

Рейтинг: 0
Сказал спасибо: 0
Поблагодарили 0 раз(а) в 0 сообщ.
new & need some fenix help
Hello, I am doctornicholas. i love the sega genesis of all things, but the dreamcast has a place in my heart too (such a heartwarming story, if you want to know, i will tell you). i have been programming with fenix for awhile and i have been getting the hand of it. problem is, i didn't know the dreamcast didn't like .png's. I am using fenix 0.84b for many reasons, I heard there was a more current fenix but it doesnt not automatically load the game right away so that is the #1 dealbreaker, otherwise it would be a snap porting the game. Since I have switched over to the .fpg format, I have noticed the following.
*the enemy walking around with "swirl in a circle" while walking left and right, it makes no sense until you see it
*the player may fall through or walk through the walls randomly, again, when you see it

this didn't happen when the levels themselves were .pngs but once it was an 8-bit .fpg $%^& hit the fan and splattered grotesquely around the workspace (gross to say but is true).

you may download my project below (or above, dont know where the attachment goes yet)

p.s. does fenix 0.84b even work in windows 7 x64? im using the latest fenix pack but i know my code works in that particular fenix when i had my winxp computer, should i look for it and just program on that?

Прикрепления
.zip  Platform_engine.zip (Размер: 44.02 Кб / Загрузок: 3)
02.04.2011 07:24
Найти все сообщения Цитировать это сообщение
SWAT Не на форуме
Администратор

Рейтинг: 30
Сказал спасибо: 130
Поблагодарили 1169 раз(а) в 727 сообщ.
RE: new & need some fenix help
My port of the latest version of Fenix ​​0.93 you can get here: http://www.dc-swat.ru/page/fenix/
More i can not help you, sorry.

[Изображение: barbers.png]
02.04.2011 12:56
Вебсайт Найти все сообщения Цитировать это сообщение
Пользователь

im sure someone here knows some fenix Smile and does it self load games? If it doesn't then im not gonna use it. it can't be that hard to make it self boot right?

EDIT: Okay that was the easiest to get the game working Big Grin but the #1 dealbreaker: doesnt load the game right away unlike the other fenix engines. Can you please make it (or have someone else, I can probably get someone) so it loads the game like the other fenix's did? And what are the controls for the controller (please god dont tell me that its keyboard only). thanks
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 02.04.2011 в 20:40, отредактировал пользователь DoctorNicholas.)
02.04.2011 20:16
SWAT Не на форуме
Администратор

Рейтинг: 30
Сказал спасибо: 130
Поблагодарили 1169 раз(а) в 727 сообщ.
Very difficult to understand your English. You want to run the game directly without file manager?
The controller is supported, it simulates some buttons on the keyboard.

[Изображение: barbers.png]
03.04.2011 10:23
Вебсайт Найти все сообщения Цитировать это сообщение
Anthony817 Не на форуме
Пользователь

Поблагодарили 7 раз(а) в 5 сообщ.
@DoctorNicholas, I think you should keep your statements direct and to the point. Do not type the way you speak, instead type the way you would while writing an essay. English is not Swats native language, so using colorful words can be confusing. Punctuation is also important, as many people use translators in web browsers such as Google Chrome, so if something is not typed in proper English, the translation will seem like gibberish. Also, capitalizing the word "I" is very important as well, as it is a single letter word in English, and could potentially be falsely translated.

I am not trying to belittle you, I am just trying to help you make your intentions clearer to Mister Swat. Wink
03.04.2011 10:50
alex Не на форуме
Ветеран

Рейтинг: 2
Сказал спасибо: 4
Поблагодарили 69 раз(а) в 53 сообщ.
Controller is supported, as SWAT says it simulates some buttons on the keyboard. See SDL_DC_MapKey table.
http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/sdl.html

Здесь была подпись.
03.04.2011 11:21
Пользователь

Ok, well I just asked SWAT (in russian) when hell make an auto load fenix and he said "when i get some time" so now I go Big Grin. Im sure it wouldn't be that hard because there could just be the insert of a script that bypasses the menu and will load the game from that directory. but then again, I am no programmer.
03.04.2011 20:09
Создать ответ