Problems when preparing to use the HD Dreamshell RC3
Автор Сообщение
Pedro_Oliveira Не на форуме
Новичок

Рейтинг: 0
Сказал спасибо: 2
Поблагодарили 0 раз(а) в 0 сообщ.
Problems when preparing to use the HD Dreamshell RC3
Dear SWAT could help me in this problem? My Dreamcast has the DUAL BIOS mod + HDD directly on the controller board on the Dreamcast, but I am having difficulties in preparation to enter the HD Dreamcast. Already formatted by Windows not recognize. When you format the HP Format Tool 2.2.3 will not recognize. I tried full format and also does not recognize. He only recognizes when I do the formatting in EaseUS Partition Master Professional software. Mando format there and the Dreamcast finally recognizes my 80GB hard drive but the frustration is in the pictures below! When copying one or two games, the games folders are completely buggy! With names out of layout, almost buggy as shown in the images below ... However, I have this same problem in RC2 ... Could you help me how to solve this ??

Note: I have a 10GB Seagate HD (HD One was that the XBOX Classic) and even in EaseUS formatting it is not recognized in any way on the Dreamcast.
Just my 80GB Seagate HD is recognized in my Dreamcast, but this way there is. Another important observation is that when formatted my 80GB HD for the first time, he came to work perfectly on the Dreamcast, but when copying new games, he started to get buggy and never came back to normal! I look forward to testing the games and also make reports to community to improve compatibility of games, but I'm having a lot of difficulty! Tale with his very valuable help and from now on behalf of the community Dreamcast Brazil, come to thank you for all you have done for our island and say that you are a legend there! Thank you so much!

[Изображение: Erro_1.jpg]
[Изображение: Erro_2.jpg]

Прикрепления
.jpg  Erro 1.jpg (Размер: 59.41 Кб / Загрузок: 4)
.jpg  Erro 2.jpg (Размер: 77.22 Кб / Загрузок: 1)
11.09.2014 05:24
Найти все сообщения Цитировать это сообщение
SWAT Не на форуме
Администратор

Рейтинг: 30
Сказал спасибо: 130
Поблагодарили 1169 раз(а) в 727 сообщ.
RE: Problems when preparing to use the HD Dreamshell RC3
Thank you for such a flattering review!
So what the file system you are trying to use, and with what parameters?
I'm not sure that you have a problem in the formatting, you maybe do something wrong when connecting HDD to DC.
What you are use for powering your HDD?
Can you show photos of your mod?

[Изображение: barbers.png]
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 11.09.2014 в 09:06, отредактировал пользователь SWAT.)
11.09.2014 09:00
Вебсайт Найти все сообщения Цитировать это сообщение
aldair Не на форуме
Опытный

Рейтинг: 7
Сказал спасибо: 81
Поблагодарили 247 раз(а) в 182 сообщ.
(11.09.2014 09:00)SWAT писал(а):  Thank you for such a flattering review!
So what the file system you are trying to use, and with what parameters?
I'm not sure that you have a problem in the formatting, you maybe do something wrong when connecting HDD to DC.
What you are use for powering your HDD?
Can you show photos of your mod?
[Изображение: 4P7je31s.jpg]

http://i.imgur.com/4P7je31.jpg

[Изображение: 7N0cKYUs.jpg]

http://i.imgur.com/7N0cKYU.jpg
11.09.2014 09:15
Новичок

As Aldair showed SWAT, these photos are the real my Dreamcast. He who made the modification on my device. My difficulty is after preparing the HD on the PC and also put the games, it shows the files the way you saw in the picture. I formatted my hard drive in FAT32, the default OS Dreamshell Dreamshell ... The only recognize my HD when formatted in EaseUS Partition Master! Nowhere when format does not work in Dreamshell !!! I use Windows 8.1 And my cable is Flat 80 Ways ... I suspect one of the two and I'll be doing other tests with other types of formatting the HD cables and other versions of operating systems!
Thank you!
11.09.2014 12:45
zolwikwkurwik Не на форуме
Пользователь

Сказал спасибо: 0
Поблагодарили 4 раз(а) в 2 сообщ.
(11.09.2014 12:45)Pedro_Oliveira писал(а):  As Aldair showed SWAT, these photos are the real my Dreamcast. He who made the modification on my device. My difficulty is after preparing the HD on the PC and also put the games, it shows the files the way you saw in the picture. I formatted my hard drive in FAT32, the default OS Dreamshell Dreamshell ... The only recognize my HD when formatted in EaseUS Partition Master! Nowhere when format does not work in Dreamshell !!! I use Windows 8.1 And my cable is Flat 80 Ways ... I suspect one of the two and I'll be doing other tests with other types of formatting the HD cables and other versions of operating systems!
Thank you!

You should try to check the G1-ATA connection using HDD test program by SWAT (it's somewhere in G1-ATA devices thread).

What IDE socket you use? Check if all ground pins on IDE socket are connected with each other. I know that HDD will connect all of them when you connect the HDD but I had not matched test result when I connected ground to only pin 2 of the IDE socket.

http://youtube.com/zolwikwkurwik
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 11.09.2014 в 15:01, отредактировал пользователь zolwikwkurwik.)
11.09.2014 13:12
SWAT Не на форуме
Администратор

(11.09.2014 13:12)zolwikwkurwik писал(а):  I should try to check the G1-ATA connection using HDD test program by SWAT (it's somewhere in G1-ATA devices thread).

http://www.dc-swat.ru/forum/thread-2111-...l#pid26955

11.09.2014 14:26
 Сказали спасибо: Pedro_Oliveira
Новичок

SWAT Please explain to me the operation of this bios that performs the tests in HD. Which parameters and standards have to be included if it is not in the parameters, which identify potential bugs to fix later?
The strange thing is that before using the 80GB hard drive, formatted in the EaseUS Partition Master software and the HD worked perfectly and even got to test the game Marvel vs Capcom and SNK vs Capcom, but the characters do not appear onscreen. Probably some other option to select what I did. In the end, I would like to know the reason that led to the mistake and did not want to recognize more my 80GB hard drive, especially the 10GB that worked perfectly in RC2 and RC3 stopped working on! No! Not tested again in RC2. Rollback did not. I'm stressing the RC3. Swat will be some specific feature that is difficult to recognize the hard drives? Think interesting to perform the same tests on RC2 and report to you?
I want to thank you again and to all who were willing to help in this post!
We also want to invite you to get to know the community we created focused the discussion on Facebook. We are evolving a lot with your help and also report all seeking experiences for you in order to collaborate in the development and improvement of the system!
Please visit us and introduce yourself so we can honor you!

We are more than 5000 passionate Brazilians for Dreamcast! And there is much foreign friend sharing your experiences! Smile
https://www.facebook.com/groups/dreamcastbrasil/

Thank you!
13.09.2014 00:22
Новичок

SWAT friend! Identified something interesting about this error. To format the HD in Software EaseUS Partition Master Professional, he was recognized perfectly on my Dreamcast. However, when copying a game is buggy as he picture on the first image of the post.

What I tried was to use the GD ripper software, and try to copy an original GD I have Soul Calibur.

[Изображение: 20140912_183929.jpg]

[Изображение: 20140912_183939.jpg]

[Изображение: 20140912_184017.jpg]

The strange thing is that perfectly copied, the game ran without any problems and I'm able to play! But to go in FILE MANAGER software, it shows these strange files as images below!

[Изображение: 20140912_183726.jpg]

[Изображение: 20140912_183755.jpg]

[Изображение: 20140912_183809.jpg]

I tried to delete one of them and I was reported this error, stating that you can not delete ... which suggests it might be? Other folders "GAMER $$" also appears on the screen as image ISO LOADER!

[Изображение: 20140912_184712.jpg]

[Изображение: 20140912_191807.jpg]

Have any suggestions what it is?
13.09.2014 02:21
Новичок

Another strange feature was SWAT friend when inserting my hard drive on the computer and look what appears in the file structure!

[Изображение: Erro_DS.png]

I can not delete these folders no way! Are all read-only and as the FAT32 file structure is there is no way to modify security features to be able to do something ... What do you suggest?
That there appeared after using the GDI Riper because if I try to copy a game from my computer to the HD, I can not run any games are buggy and folders as shown in the first image of the POST! Sad
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 13.09.2014 в 03:00, отредактировал пользователь Pedro_Oliveira.)
13.09.2014 02:56
aldair Не на форуме
Опытный

Рейтинг: 7
Сказал спасибо: 81
Поблагодарили 247 раз(а) в 182 сообщ.
(13.09.2014 02:56)Pedro_Oliveira писал(а):  Another strange feature was SWAT friend when inserting my hard drive on the computer and look what appears in the file structure!

[Изображение: Erro_DS.png]

I can not delete these folders no way! Are all read-only and as the FAT32 file structure is there is no way to modify security features to be able to do something ... What do you suggest?
That there appeared after using the GDI Riper because if I try to copy a game from my computer to the HD, I can not run any games are buggy and folders as shown in the first image of the POST! Sad
all this is because of the RIP of the original games.
13.09.2014 04:00
SWAT Не на форуме
Администратор

Sorry guys, but I really do not know the reason.
The fact that this may not be a software problem in FAT, since it works for the other users.
The only thing I am sure, is the fact that the problem is hardware.
GD Ripper I can test only on CD, not GD, because I'm not have any GD disk for now. And for CD it's works fine.
hdtest it's a simple program, just show speed of reading data in PIO and DMA mode, no more info for help solve this problem...

14.09.2014 10:22
kof888 Не на форуме
Продвинутый

Рейтинг: 5
Сказал спасибо: 8
Поблагодарили 61 раз(а) в 27 сообщ.
I think the problem hard drive and line
14.09.2014 14:37
Новичок

Dear! I managed to solve the problem but in a good way crazy!
First formatted the HD with the HP Format Tools 2.2.3 and then also prepared the HD in Software EaseUS Partition Master Professional, sent there to format and insert the Dreamcast no game (for when trying to copy some game after this process was happening where the problem)
By placing the HD console, it recognized as perfectly empty. Promptly took my GD KOF 98 and sent by GD ripper rip! And to my surprise there bugou but appeared those mysterious folders that could not erase at all, but the game ran perfectly! To put the HD on the PC, Windows asked to repair the partition that contained errors ... After repair took place for several other games I wanted to test and not to my surprise had more failures as the first image of the post!
All very strange, but what matters is that it was solved! If I have future problems with the preparation of my records, I will do the same process in order to have the same results I got! I am very satisfied and running my favorites classics through flawless HD, or miss quality locks! !!! perfect
Congratulations for the work Swat and please, provide a link for donations because we want the community Dreamcast Brazil help with donations to further encourage the project !!!
Many thanks and big hug!
14.09.2014 21:34
SWAT Не на форуме
Администратор

Congrats! I am glad that you were able to solve the problem.

(14.09.2014 21:34)Pedro_Oliveira писал(а):  Congratulations for the work Swat and please, provide a link for donations because we want the community Dreamcast Brazil help with donations to further encourage the project !!!
Many thanks and big hug!

What payment system do I use? I've been posted links to PayPal, but it seems few people use them.

(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 15.09.2014 в 08:27, отредактировал пользователь SWAT.)
15.09.2014 08:24
Создать ответ